Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
S-1235, Establishes a 10 day waiting period for the purchase of any firearm, moved to Rules and advanced to 3rd Reading. No companion.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Is that after the 30 days for a NICS ck? Lets see..... my last NCIS went 30 days then 30 more and another 30 and then 30 more. Then I gave up, which is probably the desired result. Applied for a upin which took 2 years. Then I bought a Benelli M4 offering my UPIN like the exorcist holding up the cross to ward off evil. Guess what? I was on hold again for 3 days but finally approved. Felt like I made off with the Hope diamond.

·
Still a David Crockett kid
2,762 Posts
Does it ever end in this Shit hole state? More infringement, nothing to do with stopping crime.
Brought to you by the Assholes in Albany.
Heading out this week to S.Carolina to the home he bought and I will be looking.

Do I want to go thru all the work of moving Hell No ! but it is lunacy like this bill that says I MUST leave

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
The bill specifically uses the definition of "firearm" from 265.00 of the NYS Penal Codes. So, if enacted, as written, it would only affect purchases of handguns, along with "assault weapons", silencers, SBRs and SBS, which are already illegal in NYS.

So, they want to put a 10 day waiting period on handgun purchases, when the only people who can purchase handguns are those who passed vigorous background checks and waited months or years for their pistol licenses.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
The bill specifically uses the definition of "firearm" from 265.00 of the NYS Penal Codes. So, if enacted, as written, it would only affect purchases of handguns, along with "assault weapons", silencers, SBRs and SBS, which are already illegal in NYS.

So, they want to put a 10 day waiting period on handgun purchases, when the only people who can purchase handguns are those who passed vigorous background checks and waited months or years for their pistol licenses.
Yes. The stupid is strong with these turds. Lets further restrict those who have been throughly vetted. Crime fighting at its finest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts