Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got round to pulling the vortex pst off my Remington 700, and remounting it on my latest purchase. Also got the hard case finally in shape.

Can't wait to take this out to Brookhaven for sighting in.

Attachments

·
Powderfinger
2,478 Posts
On my must have list , enjoy that rifle.

·
Lousy Shot
16,248 Posts
I like the way the stock folds but I hate the look of it. It's like a Rube Goldberg machine. I think I'd have to replace it with a Magpul PRS.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
I am looking at getting one in 6.5 Creedmoor. If it lives up to the reviews as a 3/4 moa gun for a grand I will be happy.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Very nice.
Love the folding stock.
Enjoy it for many years.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Not for nothing but Grumman used to have live fire ranges on the North shore. For big stuff ! If anyone has been out to Camp Perry we have the exact setup on both the shore lines. Flat lands bitting up to ocean front. The old Grumman property COULD have easily been setup as 1000 yd ranges except this is LI and commies in charge and slug gun owners do nothing.

Reactions: Mad Russian

·
Registered
406 Posts
very nice. I've been stalking the exact rifle. Just not willing to pay over $1,100. Guess I'll be waiting awhile.
Where did you locate yours? I'll be rude and ask how much did you pay?

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
very nice. I've been stalking the exact rifle. Just not willing to pay over $1,100. Guess I'll be waiting awhile.
Where did you locate yours? I'll be rude and ask how much did you pay?
Picked it up from LI ammo a couple of months ago. It's been hectic at work so only just getting round to getting it ready. That, and realizing I needed a new case, taller rings etc.

I paid less than I expected, got a great deal from Kim and Allan via the forum.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's a good looking rifle, good shooter too I bet.

Calverton goes out to 300 on certain days in the summer. But that's it for the island.
Yep. LI disappointing for anything beyond 200.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the positive comments everyone!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts