Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a Ruger LCR 9mm? How do you like it? Is it better than the .38?

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
I just ordered one from PSA. They feel nice and while not as tiny as a .380 they are very concealable. Ruger does make rugged and reliable guns.

PSA is currently selling an LC9 lasermax for $300 (Ruger MSRP is $529), an pretty unbeatable price. Bensons sells the LC9 without the lasermax option for $389 (MSRP is $449).
http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9/models.html

·
Banned
6,303 Posts
I just ordered one from PSA. They feel nice and while not as tiny as a .380 they are very concealable. Ruger does make rugged and reliable guns.

PSA is currently selling an LC9 lasermax for $300 (Ruger MSRP is $529), an pretty unbeatable price. Bensons sells the LC9 without the lasermax option for $389 (MSRP is $449).
http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9/models.html
LCR is a revolver,guess the force is not strong with you..

·
airbrushart
5,514 Posts
Have one for awhile, shoots anything I put it it, liked it enough that I duracoated it in digital paint put another 300 rounds since doing that. Can't go wrong with one.

Attachments

Reactions: Habsfan

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ Exactly. I'm confused by the OP.

Short version response:

LCR: not that great.
LC9: much better, but sucky long trigger pull
LC9s: much, much more awesome.
Why confused? The LCR is a revolver. It comes in 9mm. I wanted to know if anyone has one and if they like it. Also if anyone has compared it to the version that is .357 or .38 special.

But the LC9 does look sweet. The PSA deal is very tempting!

·
Listen up,I don't dial 911.
3,599 Posts
I have been eyeing the LCR 9mm, it's a moon clip gun that actually is quite a bit heavier than the 357 version. It's also selling for a premium right now because supply is low. It's a novel idea, but at near $575 it's kinda pricey compared with the 38special version.

Personally,another idea might be to get a J frame in 38 or 357 and get a extra cylinder, then get the extra cylinder cut for 9mm. That job costs $125, So for $575 or there abouts you can get a J frame that shoots 38/357 and 9mm

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
If I were carrying a REVOLVER, I'd much rather have .38 or .357 over the 9mm.

·
airbrushart
5,514 Posts
I read the post wrong, thought it said LCP, just realized it's the revolver.

·
INFIDEL
7,262 Posts
Ill buy one when they make it in .45ACP. Cause everybody knows .45 is better than .38 or 9mm......lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.