4K views 40 replies 11 participants last post by  KPvette 
#1 ·
Wondering if any of you have the LCP Max and can comment on:
-do you like it
-trigger
-holsters

Thanks

#2 ·
I have one but haven't made it to the range yet to shoot it. The fit and finish is very good. Point of aim is very natural for me (better than my G-43x) and it comes with a front night sight. I purchased an iwb holster from Pyntek. Excellent fit and finish.

Reactions: 300 and DozerD9
#3 ·
So far yes, I like it.

I haven't been able to practice a lot with it lately since I bought it. I'd like to put 1000 rounds through it before making it my primary carry and replacing the KelTec P32. The trigger is heavier but far shorter than my P32 and it is truly an amazing improvement over the LCP and even LCPII. I bought it because it is essentially the same size as the P32 and LCPII, but holds 10 rounds and has a thicker and longer grip which I thought would make it more comfortable to shoot than other pocket pistols. I very much like the way it dry fires and I like the shorter trigger. I also have more confidence in its reliability over the KelTec I have carried daily for almost 13 years. I need to do more work with it so it does not feel as snappy and I can shoot it better.

Holsterwise I couldn't tell you much other than to say that I have tried it out with the pocket holster it came with. I will probably just stick with that, or at least just for a little while. I am a big fan of the DeSantis Nemisis I use for my P32, but this gun didn't come with it.

Good luck!

#5 ·
I looked at these awhile back and really liked it for it's size, feel and larger capacity then the revolver I normally carry. I did a little research and seemed to remember some shooters having issues, maybe jamming, I can't seem to remember. Probably a Google search might bring them up. I haven't bought one yet, I saw one at the Palmetto gun show recently and it spiked my interest again, maybe my next purchase. It was selling at the show for around $390. Thanks for this thread...

#6 ·
I have one and like it very much. Bought it with the intent to carry as it is a very concealable little gun obviously. Shoots fine for what it is, I have put over 200 rounds through it without a single hitch. Can get a three inch group at ten yards or so reliably. Actually bought it for my wife but she is just unable to rack the slide consistently so I added to my collection and got her a hammerless .38 airweight revolver.

#7 ·
I have it and really like it. I only put around 150 rounds thru it so far. For a pocket gun, it definitely shoots as if it was a bigger gun. The factory sights are excellent. The only minor complaint I have is I feel the break in the trigger where the round fires is a little too far back than I would like. Though no where near as bad as the original LCP. In that gun, you had to pull the trigger all the way back until it practically touched the trigger guard for it to fire.

#9 · (Edited)
Thank you all. I love my P365 but have been on the fence about the LCP Max. I am almost there. The trigger is kind of unique since it is hammer fired and once you rack the slide the hammer is 1/2 cocked that is probably why the trigger travels all the way back before firing.

#14 ·
What I like most about the LCP MAX is that in my front pocket in a DeSantis Nemesis holster, it doesn’t print and half the time I forget I have a gun on me. It is that comfortable to carry. And like I said in a previous post, it definitely shoots as though it was a bigger gun. I have the Sig P365 in 9mm as well. No question it is a better shooter and it’s 9mm vs .380 but not as comfortable to carry if you are sitting a lot as I carry it IWB.

#16 ·
Boosti-

I picked up the P938 and took it to the range last night. I was surprised how comfortable it was to shoot with the extended 7 round magazine. I am very happy with the purchase; it is a solid gun and well built, although the dimensions are very similar to the P365 it does feel smaller. I bought a Desantis slim tuck and was surprised how minimalistic it is and how well the holster fits the gun. I am trying to do some surgery on the holster to swap the stock plastic clip for an Ulticlip -- need to get some additional hardware to make it work.

#24 ·
I went yesterday to my LGS to put a LCP Max in my hand. After reading all the issues this model is having and feeling the trigger I have decided to keep looking. The LCP 2 had a better trigger, for some reason I think they are the same but it felt different. If anything I'm considering the LCP2 (leftover in .380). Looking into the Kahn CW380 or the Glock G42.

#28 ·
glock 42 is a great gun…..Medford shooting range has one you can rent

the sig p365-380 is about the same size, better grips, 10 round capacity, night sites, optics ready, and has slightly less recoil then the 42 when I shoot them back to back. Plus you can put a full size grip on the sig for even more recoil control

I also enjoyed shooting the S&W EZ 380 too, it’s a lot smaller then what you see in the pics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.