Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone and thank you for all the info shared on this sight. I just brought home a Ruger 77 357. I picked it up at Hunter's Essentials (great guy,Bruce) and I asked for both kinds of ammo for the rifle, 357 and 38 spl. Both are centerfire and I didn't give it much thought till now. That is the correct ammo for this rifle isn't it? I tried searches and seem to be striking out. Any thoughts or experie
nces will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dermot

·
Listen up,I don't dial 911.
3,599 Posts
Any fire arm pistol,rifle or shot gun will leave the correct size ammo stamped on the side of the barrel usually near the receiver. And yes you should be able to fire 357/38 special thru that rifle.

·
airbrushart
5,514 Posts
The 357 magnum & the 38 special will fire just fine from your rifle. 38 special recoils less than the 357 magnum otherwise they are interchangable, if the rifle was only chambered for 38 special then in that case you wouldn't be able to chamber or fire a 357 magnum round. If you compare the 357 mag and the 38 special side by side you will see that the 357 is longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.