Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Ruger 10/22 Review

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CAP1974 
#1 ·
Sometimes I forget that this is a firearms forum but when I read this piece from the Shooting Times,
I figured I'd share because the piece was extremely well done and for those just getting into the shooting sports, it offers a very good explanation of this fine shooting platform.

Also gave me an excuse to opine on my favorite 3.
http://www.shootingtimes.com/historical/ruger-1022-history-then-now/

My personal top 3 for general target shooting and/or hunting small to medium game is as follows.
Curious as to other opinions:

1) Ruger 10/22 - (22-cal) gain trigger/breathing time on a semi-auto platform with iron sights, low/no recoil and extremely inexpensive ammo. Pretty much any of the configurations except the breakdown.
2) Ruger Mini-14 Ranch - (5.56/.223 cal) best single all around for target, hunting and self-defense should it come to that in a semi-automatic platform with iron sights and readily available ammunition.
3) Beretta Tikk bolt action (308) - hunting and mid to long range target with synthetic stock, stain-less steel barrel/action and high power scope.

Anything you need/want to do with a rifle can be done with these three.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.