Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just curious what people's thoughts are. This is apparently a 1920's colt police special in .38, from pics it looks pretty rough and has no trigger. Was curious if it's worth the investment of $150 or so. Looked around and the price seems to vary a lot on ones in good shape. I've been wanting to start picking up some older police revolvers to add to my collection. I thought his could be a start. Any input appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
Any excessive play on the hinge ?

I would throw 150 at her ... I don't like to see them suffer .

Reactions: RedStorm1911

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,875 Posts
Missing parts, looks really rough. I would pass.

Reactions: NorthForkSportsman

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
save your money for something worth it.

Reactions: Edward_Blake

·
Clinger
4,810 Posts

·
Banned
6,368 Posts
If a halfway decent one can be had for $300-$500 I would not spend $150 on a completely beat and non-working one. The investment to get it back in shape would cost vastly more than it's end value. With that said, if you don't care about value and want something to hone your repair skills on, throw a offer out there and see if they go for it. I would keep it under $100.

·
Pistol Expert
789 Posts
Looks like a good candidate for a project gun. Maybe get it looking something like this Charter Arms Old Glory Undercover.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Illegal under safeact. Looks too dangerous for use in the land of Sir Andrew

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.