Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, haven't posted in a long while but I figured I would share my most recent acquisition. Today I picked up a 1955 Romanian M44 Mosin Nagant. It is unfired, all numbers matching, and has all romanian parts. Has only one scratch on it I probably paid a bit more than I should of, but it was unique and from what I hear all matching parts Romanian M44's are not all too common. There are little markings all over the stock but some of them are faint. I tried to get a photo of a C in a diamond stamping. Also, the import marking is on the barrel as opposed to the receiver. Let me know what you think and if you can give me some info on it that would be cool too. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,528 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! Its a light brown almost blonde color. I saw it on the rack and didnt know what it was at first until I picked it up. The blueing is perfect minus one scratch on the side of the mag. Its never been fired, the blueing on the magazine follower doesnt even have a mark on it so no rounds were loaded into it. The barrel is bright, crisp, and shiny. As I said I paid top dollar for sure but it was too nice to pass up.

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
Nice!

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,528 Posts
So where did you find this gem? And do they have any others left?

Reactions: DIRTBIKEZ

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I am probably going to shoot it at some point. The one thing that would bother me about doing that is messing up the blueing on the magazine follower hahaha. Maybe a little strip of painters tape will help that. It was the only Romanian there and sadly I didnt buy it in NY, I am a dual resident of NY and North Carolina so I got this one down there. Sorry to crush some hopes I see in this thread. But It was too good to pass up and will make a nice companion to my Hungarian M44.

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts
Just curious how much if you don't mind.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah that's what I thought, would have liked to get it a bit lower but what can you do. And I don't think it was refinished because the clerk at the store told me they had to completely clean it and remove cosmoline from it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.