Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a smith that knows his way around the Remington Rolling Block rifles. I have a bunch of these rifles and picked up one in 43 Spanish for conveting it to 44-77. Can anyone recomend someone who can do the work. Basicly its just a barrel swap and rechambering, except this ctg hasnt been around for over 100 years. I'd rather have the work done localy instead of sending it out. It's a lot easier to comunicate that way. If you ever had a custom rifle built you'd understand. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
JOE 631-242-9782
dose every thing your lookinmg to get done you mioght have to call him a few times to get him

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
I collect Pre WWII Prussian shotguns. Whenever I need something done, I call Niles at Safari Outfitters in Millbrook, NY, (Rte 44 off the Taconic Pkwy). Niles deals with several different high end smiths and will send it to the right guy.

www.safaroutfittersltd.com

·
Me
711 Posts
T.Webb said:
I collect Pre WWII Prussian shotguns......
I cut my teeth with a J.P. Sauer SxS 12 G. I took a lot of small game with that shotgun. My Grandpa left it to my Uncle who left it to his grandson. I did inherit a awesome Pietro Beretta that belonged to Grandpa.

Here is a shot of the side of the Beretta:

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
I haven't dealt with any of the locals for any serious work.
These guys are a bit of a ride out to Bernardsville, New Jersey, but worth the ride if they'll accept your work.
One of the finest stores, of any kind, that I've ever dealt with.
A bit on the pricey side, but when you look at their work, you won't question it.
Also have a used rifle department that will leave you breathless.

http://www.griffinhowe.com/gunsmithing.cfm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.