Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is in Mass. Story only says Worcester.
Owner said they are all licensed and for reenactments.
Of course, the news story is ripe with scary language and a photo marked "for illustration purposes only".
And how he wheeled a cannon out of his house is beyond me. Must have one heck of a big front door.

"Armed officers and an Army bomb squad uncovered more than 30 firearms during an early-morning raid on the semi-detached house in Worcester.
Local residents watched in disbelief as police carried out guns, rockets, shells, rocket launchers, grenades and ammunition."

http://swns.com/rocket-launcher-seized-from-property-in-suburbia-071215.html

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Win for having the "Halo" rocket launcher photo on a news website.

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
rocknat said:
I keep looking for one of these in the buy/sell area.
Yoo kal mee. I haf frend in Rooshin armee. Iz good frend, hee sel manee to de Afganistanskis, dey good kostomers. Iz nise choosing ov rokets. I meibee help yoo vit yor problim, yes?

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
He must have gotten the last one Dick's had!

·
Premium Member
11,504 Posts
"The owner of the property, local gun club chairman Graham Lane, 65, was arrested on suspicion of possessing an illegal firearm and bailed."

Well lock me up for suspicion of possessing illeagl plants or animals or stolen cars.
I think he did something so he's under arest for it.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
The wording "armed officers" and "Army bomb squad" leads me to believe this is a story from the UK - Worcester, England. Most larger US LE agencies have some sort of bomb squad and would not need to rely on Army EOD personnel for that duty. AFAIK the only British police force with it's own bomb squad is the London Metropolitan Police, not even the Northern Ireland Police Service has it's own bomb squad.

Inspector John McKay, from the West Mercia force, said: "During our search we discovered some munitions.

"We asked the Army to come in and keep them safe for us.

"The only reason the Army has been called is because they have the experts to handle the munitions.

"I'm not qualified to say what the munitions are."

Insp McKay declined to confirm how many guns and other weapons had been seized.
This is definitely a UK story.
http://www.westmercia.police.uk/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.