Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seldom in Riverhead, but will be there on Friday. If the local Walmart stocks ammo and shooting supplies, I will make it a point to visit. Can anyone confirm or deny these inventory items? Thanks in advance :)

·
Banned
3,395 Posts
What exactly do you need? Ammo selection is kinda limited depending on caliber.
The sporting goods dept manager is Matt and he is a friend of mine.
Before anybody complains about the selection there it's not his fault,he practically begs for more of what people want but it gets shot down higher up.

·
Gun Enthusiast
1,040 Posts
  They do stock some ammo, but it goes fast, from my experience.  

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
................. if you want varity you can go to Edwards sporting ctr. due east about a mile.

Not my fav , but they have alot more than wally.

·
Gun Enthusiast
1,040 Posts
warmnfuzzyar said:
................. if you want varity you can go to Edwards sporting ctr. due east about a mile.

Not my fav , but they have alot more than wally.
If you can stand the warm and fuzzy owner and sales staff, they are stocked.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
why would anyone shop at wal mart? They outsource American jobs, treat their workers like crap, and ruin the local economy by destroying Main Street merchants. They are a predatory, abusive, and greedy beyond belief. There's a lot of talk about supporting America....but shopping in Wal Mart sure ain't a way to do it.

wow....that struck a nerve. I really do dislike Wal Mart and I guess I'm not going to be shy about saying so.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just don't get why people think it's a good idea for highly skilled, educated American workers, to do a job an illiterate 12 year old chinese kid could be doing at 1/3rd the price

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Redcoat3340 said:
why would anyone shop at wal mart? They outsource American jobs, treat their workers like crap, and ruin the local economy by destroying Main Street merchants. They are a predatory, abusive, and greedy beyond belief. There's a lot of talk about supporting America....but shopping in Wal Mart sure ain't a way to do it.

wow....that struck a nerve. I really do dislike Wal Mart and I guess I'm not going to be shy about saying so.
I agree with you 100%. However, with my limited budget, I can not go anywhere else and get eggs, peanut butter, tuna fish, bread, clothes, and ammo and camping supplies at the price and covinience as Wal Mart. Once my profession starts bringing in a bit more money, I fully intend to stop supporting Wal Mart.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Riverhead Wal Mart will most likely have plenty of 12ga and 20ga bird and target shot, some buckshot and slugs, a good supply of popular hunting rifle cartridges, a reasonable supply of 9mm, .380, and .40S&W, a good supply of bulk .22lr, decent supply of .22 WMR and .17HMR, and a handful of .223 and 7.62x39. They beg for more Remington .223, but for some reason they will not receive their best selling ammo. They usually have some Tula Ammo .223 and 7.62x39 though. The firearms they carry are basic .22's, centerfire bolt actions, and shotguns.

Edwards down the road has a decent stock of ammo at a fair price, and if you get them on a good day and are friendly and know what you want, they're nice to deal with. Sports Authority in Riverhead has plenty of ammo too, but prices aren't that great.

·
Gun Enthusiast
1,040 Posts
Redcoat3340 said:

And for most things I don't shop them-it's almost a 20 mile drive. But when your 2 choices are WalMart or Edwards, I'd just as soon dispense with the attitude, get my ammo and get home. When I bought my first handgun, I went to Edwards to see what kind of price they had. The guy argued that the Beretta I wanted to buy was illegal in NY. Having researched the item, I told him it wasn't. He insisted it was, so I walked out and bought it at Benson's. His loss, not mine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.