Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Old timer's Day at Riverhead Raceway last night, first time I set foot in a local track pit since hanging up my Helmet when Freeport, Islip and Bridgehampton closed. It was great to see that the Kromartys have ensured that Riverhead Raceway will continue as a track, selling it to others with a passion for Auto Racing. Funny but good to see that the grandkids of guys I raced with are now racing...

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
I haven't been to the track since Islip closed. I used to hang out in he pits, since my neighbor raced in the regular stocks (not modifides)

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
riverhead raceway was just sold for 4 million google it ... its going to stay a race track thank god
I didn't have to Google it...I knew about it, and mentioned it in my OP

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
It's a fun place to go ,no doubt . However , I check out the schedule and get the best venue when I go . Demo derby , enduro , figure 8 , blindfold taxi race ,etc. Usually a couple of slinky young chicks parading around also .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.