Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Rich Liberals Make Expensive Jewelry Out of Seized Guns

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  rvc-ny 
#1 ·
Rich Liberals Make Expensive Jewelry Out of Seized Guns

July 4 2013

First off, the source for this article is the New York Times, so bear with me. Peter Thum, a New York entrepreneur, has apparently started a company that will take guns that police have seized from crime scenes and/or buybacks and turn the guns into jewelry. Funds from the sales will go, you guessed it, anti gun groups.

Nothing groundbreaking here, people have been making guns into other objects and selling them at a premium for a long time now.

What is noteworthy, is the way this article was written. It is the epitome of rich, liberal, anti-gun elitism.

The Times article doesn't even talk about the jewelry until the fourth paragraph, with the first three dedicated to describing the posh launch party and name dropping.

The guests, who undoubtedly live in secure buildings and neighborhoods, probably with armed guards, have the audacity to talk about saving lives through their jewelry purchases.

According to the Times,

Mr. and Ms. Crangi created the debut collection, having met Mr. Thum through a friend at the Council of Fashion Designers of America. Mr. Crangi, a past recipient of the CFDA Swarovski Award for accessory design, is on the board.

Ms. Crangi said that, in the workshop, bullets are sawed into pieces to ensure there are no impurities that could damage equipment during the casting. It's a labor of love. "We always joked in the studio when things went wrong, 'We are making earrings, not saving lives.' Now we are saving lives," she said. Her brother nodded, "It's cool."

Tell me again, Ms. Crangi, how in the hell you're saving lives again? By making expensive jewelry out of guns that were sitting in an evidence locker? Please.

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/rich-liberals-make-expensive-jewelry-out-of-seized-guns/

See less See more
#4 ·
Commie libs profiting from turning evil guns into jewelry. I just find that spooky. Next they will be going after the trigger fingers of evil gun owners and profiting from turning them into necklaces.

#10 ·
So this Peter Thum is getting the guns from the police...I'd like to know.....does he have the proper FFL to handle them?

Reactions: Aquabach
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.