Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
17,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So happy she got elected so she has a part in screwing up this nation even further.

WASHINGTON - U.S. Representative Kathleen Rice today announced that she will introduce legislation requiring American automakers to equip all new cars with ignition interlock technology that detects a driver's blood alcohol content (BAC) and prevents the engine from starting if the driver's BAC is above the legal limit. While laws vary across the states, ignition interlock devices are widely required for individuals who are convicted of drunk driving offenses.

"Advancing the progress we've made combating drunk driving demands bold action," said Representative Kathleen Rice. "It demands that we take a stand and say we refuse to keep letting drunk drivers take 10,000 lives each year. We refuse to keep seeing families torn apart when we know we can do more to prevent it. Strict enforcement is important, holding drunk drivers accountable is important, but we can and must do more to stop drunk drivers from ever hitting the road in the first place. That's why I'm working on legislation to require ignition interlock devices in all new cars. This technology saves lives, it saves money, and I'm going to fight to make it standard equipment in American cars."

https://www.newsli.com/2015/07/14/rice-calls-for-dwi-prevention-technology-in-all-new-american-cars-would-prevent-85-of-dwi-related-deaths/

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
while I would normally be outraged, with all the recent happenings, this is mild. Sad, but true.

·
Registered
435 Posts
  • Suzane October 19, 2010 at 10:11 pm
    I have so much respect for you. Thank you for putting out there how dispicable Kathleen Rice has made herself. I do know from living in the area that she well exceeds her drinking limits and has no problem speeding out of a parking lot drunk..Amazing how so many people think they are above the law. I only hope that more people see this…Thanks again for showing the facts and not some type of slander.
    Jim Keech September 11, 2010 at 3:18 am
    "She has a law degree from a school so low-ranked it shouldn't even exist, admitted to using HARD DRUGS in her 20's, and wasn't even involved in the political process for most of her life."

Attorney general hopeful Kathleen Rice admits to dabbling with marijuana, cocaine in her 20s

BY RICH SCHAPIRO

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 4:00 AM
    • A
    • A
    • A

[background=initial !important]
    5[/background]

MONASTER/NEWS​
    Attorney general hopeful Kathleen Rice talks to the Daily News Editorial Board on Tuesday.

[indent=3.375]Democratic attorney general hopeful Kathleen Rice admitted Tuesday to dabbling with marijuana and cocaine in her college days.[/indent]
    [indent=3.375]The Nassau County district attorney told the Daily News she did the drugs "a handful" of times in her early 20s.[/indent]
    [indent=3.375]"It was one of those stupid things that people do in their life and you regret and you move on," said Rice, after speaking with The News' Editorial Board.[/indent]
    [indent=3.375]Rice, a graduate of Catholic University in Washington, said she is steadfastly opposed to legalizing drugs.[/indent]
    [indent=3.375]"I've seen too much, and too close up, the damage they do to communities and families and public safety," she said.[/indent]
    [indent=3.375]Rice, 45, is battling four other Democratic candidates for the attorney general nomination.[/indent]
    [indent=3.375]A handful of candidates running for statewide office have admitted to past drug use, including Democratic AG Andrew Cuomo, the gubernatorial front-runner.[/indent]
    [indent=3.375]Cuomo admitted smoking pot in his younger days.[/indent]
    [indent=3.375]Rice, in a wide-ranging interview with The News, said she would support a measure making it mandatory for all drivers to install an anti-drunken driving device in their car.[/indent]
    [indent=3.375]The ignition interlock device prevents a car from starting if it detects alcohol on a driver's breath.[/indent]
    [indent=3.375]"To me, it is a foolproof system," Rice said.[/indent]
    [indent=3.375]Starting Aug. 15, convicted drunken drivers in New York State will be required to install the mechanism in their vehicles as part of Leandra's Law, which makes it a felony to drive drunk with a child younger than 16 in the car.[/indent]
    [indent=3.375]"I think it's a great law enforcement tool," Rice said.[/indent]
    [indent=3.375][email protected][/indent]

PROMOTED STORIES

·
Banned
10,014 Posts
So happy she got elected so she has a part in screwing up this nation even further.

WASHINGTON - U.S. Representative Kathleen Rice today announced that she will introduce legislation requiring American automakers to equip all new cars with ignition interlock technology that detects a driver's blood alcohol content (BAC) and prevents the engine from starting if the driver's BAC is above the legal limit. While laws vary across the states, ignition interlock devices are widely required for individuals who are convicted of drunk driving offenses.

"Advancing the progress we've made combating drunk driving demands bold action," said Representative Kathleen Rice. "It demands that we take a stand and say we refuse to keep letting drunk drivers take 10,000 lives each year. We refuse to keep seeing families torn apart when we know we can do more to prevent it. Strict enforcement is important, holding drunk drivers accountable is important, but we can and must do more to stop drunk drivers from ever hitting the road in the first place. That's why I'm working on legislation to require ignition interlock devices in all new cars. This technology saves lives, it saves money, and I'm going to fight to make it standard equipment in American cars."

https://www.newsli.c...related-deaths/
I assume that all members of Congress will be exempt from this law. As usual.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Wallet sized Narcan kits for everybody are next. No worries, party like its 1999 and if you need a Narcan hit to 1) stay alive and 2) stay awake long enough to drive home, we got ya covered.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
I'm delighted that she moved up to be a junior member of the minority party in the House. She may have a more prestigious job now but she's utterly powerless. This expensive idea won't go anywhere.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
She has a law degree from a school so low-ranked it shouldn't even exist, admitted to using HARD DRUGS in her 20's, and wasn't even involved in the political process for most of her life."[/font]

Teddy Kennedy School of deciding other peoples fate while exempting yourself University?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.