Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Renew license pistol.

after mail to police Dept, I'm Curious how long did it take em to mail u or let u know to come in and pick new card license ?

thanks

·
Sharp Shooter!
486 Posts
Hence the reason I like to renew in person. Renewed a few weeks ago. I like to have it in my hand and not risk not getting it in the mail. Had to stand in line outside though an they only took one at the time. When I went took about an hour to get in and fortunately the temps were in the low 50's

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
7,969 Posts
Hence the reason I like to renew in person. Renewed a few weeks ago. I like to have it in my hand and not risk not getting it in the mail. Had to stand in line outside though an they only took one at the time. When I went took about an hour to get in and fortunately the temps were in the low 50's
This^. I stood on Franklin Ave in the rain last fall for an hour in 44 degree temps. Once inside, it goes fast enough.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Emailed SWMBO's photo and messaged NCPLB our credit card and other info. If it comes after her birth month so be it. Not worth us old people standing on line these days, although her second vax is scheduled today and mine toward the end of the month. she can shoot the Henry if we go before she gets her renewed license. I gave up standing on lines as much as possible when I retired.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kind of regret not going in person.

So far I haven't receiving mail from Suffolk over a month...I'm a bit concerning right now. My lic expired March 1.

I called Suffolk and they said just wait for mail.

What if it's passing March 1 ? Going in person Suffolk lic pistol Dept ?

thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kind of regret not going in person.

So far I haven't receiving mail from Suffolk over a month...I'm a bit concerning right now. My lic expired March 1.

I called Suffolk and they said just wait for mail.

What if it's passing March 1 ? Going in person Suffolk lic pistol Dept ?

thanks
Did you receive the receipt stating you're covered until you get the new one ? They give it to you when you drop off the renewal or mail it to you if you mail it in with a self addressed stamped envelope.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't receiving anything ...I mailed it. .argh. I do not remember they asked for self addressed stamped envelope frig!

in future I will drop it off in person....

I just checked my bank acct, they cash it my check on Jan 29. I guess that's good then?

·
Registered
11,487 Posts
Where did you guys get the 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 picture? Seems its a odd size, passport is 2 x 2.
The old Nassau Pistol license pictures we're done at a photographer and cut to that size. Most renewals can be done online.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
No problems like that when you do it online. they just make the photo fit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No problems like that when you do it online. they just make the photo fit.
Am i missing something can you do the suffolk pistol renewal online? I just got the paperwork the other day to renew didn't see anything about a online renewal. I was just going to fill it out and drop it off in person.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
probably not. you have to pay $200 in Nassau for the "privilege" of being able to do it online. B thankful you can stand on line for much less.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts