Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dug out a brick of golden bullets that I bought in a panic purchase in the fall of 2012. Those were the days of cabela's crazy sales and free shipping. It was by far the dirtiest ammo I have ever shot....a huge cloud of smoke every time, up close and personal from and M&P 22. What crap! At least it fed well.

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
I refuse to shoot the crap anymore. What I have I let friends shoot when I take them to the range and save all the good stuff for myself. The ammo is dirty, smokey, inconsistent, and so poorly manufactured that half the bullets spin in their casing.

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
what is even more annoying is the golden residue they leave on my fingers as i load my 10/22 mags.

since the shortage started golden bullets are the only 22s i have found in stores. before the shortage i shot federal and CCI blazers lol

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I have 3 rifles that love it and 2 that shoot a shotgun pattern with it. The new stuff is better, more consistent with a lot less primer issues than the old stuff. Still dirty with the occasional flyer but it feeds and functions fine I have a metric ton of the stuff. I keep the mini mags and blazers and federals for a rainy day.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My neighbor did a bake job on my CRV for a good price! He showed me a old Savage 22 he had so I gave him a 225rd box of GB's as a tip. Other then one open box of GB's I got riid of all I had 3 buckets,sold 1 to a friend so his grandson could shoot a Appleseed, 1 to the Hunter Ed director at my Club,for what they cost me! and donated 1 to the youth leauge at the Club and gave a 525rd box to a elderly neighbor to plink with in his back yard last Christmas! Now when I see them I just send out some texts to those I know may need 22's. But I pass on them all I look for is CCI-SV got a brick at Dicks two weeks ago haven't seen it there in almost 2 years!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.