Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Now an Ex NYer
25,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the Youth in the Venturing Crew bought a Rem 700 L.H. in .300 Win Mag. He had trouble chambering rounds it. I asked him to meet me so I could look at it but we didn't connect right away due to scheduling. In the meantime a "family member" "worked on it" for him and then it would not extract at all. When I finally saw the rifle it had no extractor whatsoever and there were Dremel marks on the bolt face. Brought it to Bob G for his opinion and we agreed it needed to go back to Remington. Called up Remington, explained the whole situation including the "Uncle Bubba" treatment the rifle had received. They sent me a Return Authorization and I mailed it back, expecting the worst.
A few days later I received email notification that it arrived in Ilion, and then waited for the dreaded phone call or email....nothing. Next thing I know I get an email telling me that it is on its way back. Now I'm a bit concerned as they never asked for authorization to proceed and means of payment. Rifle arrives, the UPS driver didn't want my Son to sign for it until he said "It's 18 not 21 on a rifle would you like to see that in the Penal Law? I have a copy here...and BTW I used to work for UPS". Rifle now back. I open the box and in it is an invoice describing the initial complaint and the repair for that and other things they found, all done under warranty. Apparently the chamber was a little tight, causing the first problem and it looks like either a new bolt was fitted or they polished and refinished the original, as no marks are to be found on the face. Rifle was reinspected, function and fire tested and returned to me. I reinstalled the scope, mounts and slings and look forward to returning the rifle to him on Wednesday. Nicely done on their part, the Customer Rep I spoke with was pleasant and helpful, service was prompt and more than I could have hoped for- A great experience all around. Now we just have to go out and shoot it some...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.