Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on my 700P .300 WM that the barrel doesn't sit perfectly centered within the channel of the HS Precision stock. I did a check with a piece of computer paper to see if the barrel was hitting anything. The barrel still appears to be free-floated all the way to the action but has anybody had a similar problem? I'd it anything I should be concerned about or is it ok to leave it be? Thanks!

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
So much for the "precision" in the stock. If the barrel is not touching, then its only a cosmetic issue. Loosen the bolts, and see if you can reposition the stock. If that doesn't work, call HS and complain.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've been looking for a take-off HS Precision stock to replace the Hogue stock on my SPS Tac and read that it's not an uncommon issue. If you do a google search, you will find threads complaining about HS precision stocks with off center barrel channels and off center/loose bipod studs.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I decided to just hit it with some sandpaper to even it out.  I went at it for three or four sessions checking the spacing in between with 60 grit sandpaper.  Afterwards I smoothed it with 120 then finished it off with wetordry 400 with some water.  It looks MUCH better now and the entire barrel channel has a nice smooth polished finish.  Big improvement, and of course, it's still free-floated.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Great Scope, for that rifle I would of opted for the 50mm myself. But its a great scope. I pre ordered a Mark 8 already 3.5-25x56 34mmtube. FFP, ILLUMINTED RETICLE, its gonna be glorious.

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
wuggzwest said:
Great Scope, for that rifle I would of opted for the 50mm myself. But its a great scope. I pre ordered a Mark 8 already 3.5-25x56 34mmtube. FFP, ILLUMINTED RETICLE, its gonna be glorious.
Now you'll be able to shoot into the next county....... ;D

·
Banned
0 Posts
Haha, or at least into Jersey. On a real note, I saw some photos of the Mark 8 and some specs on it, Leupold is really heading in the right direction. This is gonna make Nightforce and all the competition go wild.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.