Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at the XLR chassis compared to the AICS. Not sure if NY legal since both have many evil feature BUT they are bolt action. Looks very tacticool but friends who have it down south swear by the make and say it has improved groupings. Any thoughts?
http://www.xlrindustries.com/

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
It's cool... but for the price?

I don't know man... a Hogue stock is cool too for a lot less.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AkunaMatata said:
It's cool... but for the price?

I don't know man... a Hogue stock is cool too for a lot less.
Agreed I also been told this stock adds a ton of weight to the rifle. I am just weighing out my options. The AICS stock is cool but most people I know who had it switched over to the XLR or the Mcree stock. But the Hogue in OD green will definitely get the ladies to drop their panties

·
Registered
205 Posts
These stocks give you quite a bit of options. Forarm length, butt stock options, and it uses the AICS mags. These mags are a great center feed mag, and the cost is pretty cheep. This stock also mimics the AR feel. So if your really comfortable with the AR than this stock is a no brainer, plus it does'nt need to be bedded to get it to perform. I have rifles built with the AICS, Maners A4, Mcmillion A4 & A5, and a couple with the Remington Police stocks. The XLR is THE stock I'm switching my custom 6BR to. Plus the price is right, in the $650.00 range.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've always liked the look of chassis sytems for the Remington 700. I currently have a remington 700 sps varmint that is bare bones and I'm not sure what stock i want to slip it into either. I really like the Remington Arms Chassis System(R.A.C.S.) But there's no telling when it will be released and it will probably cost a pretty penny as well. Most likely i will go with a bell and carlson a5 stock with a detachable box magazine system. When the RACS has been out for a little while and theres not a 6 month wait for them, which is what i'm sure will happen, I will then upgradde to that. Right now I want to focus on a quality mil-dot optic, and then I will go for the stock.

Here's the Remington R.A.C.S. and then the bell carlson a5 below:

·
Registered
76 Posts
oldreliable45120 said:
These stocks give you quite a bit of options. Forarm length, butt stock options, and it uses the AICS mags. These mags are a great center feed mag, and the cost is pretty cheep. This stock also mimics the AR feel. So if your really comfortable with the AR than this stock is a no brainer, plus it does'nt need to be bedded to get it to perform. I have rifles built with the AICS, Maners A4, Mcmillion A4 & A5, and a couple with the Remington Police stocks. The XLR is THE stock I'm switching my custom 6BR to. Plus the price is right, in the $650.00 range.
Sound like a nice collection you get there. I'm just getting into the precision bolt gun game and there are so many options to go with. You cannot go wrong with the AICS, mannersm or McMillan. All are top notch stock systems that will enhance accuracy greatly. The problem with Mcmillan's are is that you have to wait like 6 months to get one when you order. I'm not sure about the Manners but I'm almost positive there is some lead time with those stocks as well. Have you seen the new Accuracy International AX chassis system coming out? I'm not sure if I like the looks of this one and would probably prefer the old AICS stocks to this one:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Im not sure about the AX chassis, But I know the AX rifle is about $3000.00 more than the AW rifle. Its the same rifle different stock. The AICS is a top notch bullet proof stock. It has a full lenghth aluminum chassis running full lenghth, that everything bolts too. By the time you buy the Mcmillion or Manners, have a Badger Ord. mag system inletted and rifle properly bedded you at the AICS price.
Now if Sako made a drop in TRG chassis for the Remington. That would be the Shit. I love my TRG-22, It has one of the best feeling stocks I have ever shoot. Any time you want to "see how one of my tactical rifle stocks feel" let my know and well set it up. It helps to handle a couple before you make your mind up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Manners stocks are a four month wait as well (mine took 4 months and a day), but they just moved shops are have claimed that they are going to try to get it back down to three months.

McMillan stocks are supposed to be a four to five wait, give or take (i am only one month in).

If I were looking at a chassis (and I'm not, though I do have a Manners stock with a mini-chassis which is not the same thing), I would be looking at the AICS AX. That's just me though. Chassis tend to be heavy. There seem to be a swarm of chassis systems hitting the market as of late. The market for chassis isn't as big as composite stocks so if you spend the $$$ on a chassis you may have a harder time getting your investment back if you want to sell. With a composite stock you at least know what the resale is going to be a few years from now if you want to sell it. AICS are probably easier to download, but they are the "standard" for 700 chassis systems and have been around a while.

As above, evil features mean nothing on a bolt action rifle. Bayonet away.

·
Premium Member
7,346 Posts
So i google this stock and one of the first results brings me back to LIF..

did you ever make a decision Ben? Also, how much weight would this add? I want to put together an accurate rifle, but I don't feel like lugging around a ton of bricks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.