Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
OnTargetGuy
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't feel well this morning to go to work, but this afternoon I went to Brookhaven and Tried out my new Remington 700 build, that is now complete. Paul at Campsite did all the work on this one I didn't want to get my hands dirty, plus he does better work then me. I am very happy with the build and it shoots better then I do. Today I was shooting Sierra Matchking 168gr hpbt at 100 yards. here are a couple of the pic of the rifle and my groups. Thanks again Paul and the Campsite Crew!

Remington 700 26"
Nightforce scope base 20 MOA
NIghtforce Rings
Vortex Pst 6-24x50 FFP
Kinetic Research Group X ray stock
KRG bolt knob
Harris Bipod

Attachments

·
#1 Grade A Super Stud
1,284 Posts
You may want to buy some 1" orange dots and flip that target around. Might be easier to shoot on. Also- try for 5 or 10 shot groups.

I think it looks cool. That vortex pst is a lot of scope for the money

·
Registered
47 Posts
Love the Remington 700! Bought one back in around 1982 (strictly for hunting) in a .270 Rem. Glass bedded, timney trigger and a Nikon 3-9X40 scope.....OMG what a nice shooter.

Bottom-line.....it kills deer and is accurate as hell!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
That looks pretty cool. Have him order and install a timney 510 for you. You can thank me later.
Not that I'm questioning the opinion of someone with the name Jarheadsergeant...cause that would just be stupid...but how much of a marked improvement is the Timney 510 over the X Mark Pro trigger that comes with the 700? Cause the way they describe it on the website, it's supposedly pretty good out of the box. I'm thinking of picking up a 700 since anything AR related is now in limbo, so I'm interested in the upgrade. And I saw on the Timney page they have different trigger pulls available, but I'm assuming that's adjustable?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.