Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Remington 700 AAC-SD from Campsite in Huntington Station. I've been doing a lot of research on what I'm going to need in terms of accessories. This is what I had in mind.

Rings: Leupold
Scope: Meopta Meopro 1" 4-12x50
Bipod: Harrison.

I was also looking into an extended magazine or floorplate as well and further down the line a suppressor.

Any other suggestions are always welcome. Thank you!

·
LIF Official Supporter
2,393 Posts
summondemons said:
I just ordered a Remington 700 AAC-SD from Campsite in Huntington Station. I've been doing a lot of research on what I'm going to need in terms of accessories. This is what I had in mind.

I was also looking into an extended magazine or floorplate as well and further down the line a suppressor.

Not in New Yorkistan!!!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
summondemons said:

Good luck with that....

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Well if he says further down the line maybe hes thinking about moving. The sd version you wont be able to get into NY. I would think about the Remington 700 SPS with detachable mag. Dont really think you need leopold rings. There your just buying the name unless they have a specific set you have in mind. Meopta scope is fine but remember you also get a scope with the gun on most models. As for anything else i would suggest changing of the stock. Most places have 99% drop in for the action and barrel. What chambering do you want it in. If you really want the SD version wait till you either leave or:sarcasm the laws get changed:sarcasm

Forgot to add

If you want the look of a can(supressor), you can look at a fake one that really dosnt do anything to the ballistics. There is also this
http://www.tactical-life.com/online/guns-and-weapons/remingtons-modular-sniper-rifle-338/
As for the look of it I personaly dont like but i like the idea of a pistol grip and since its bolat action you can have all the evil features you want(unless you live in NYC)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My guys at Campsite have carried the AAC-SD before and they are already in the process of ordering me one as we speak. I can understand not allowing the suppressor but it does come threaded and I was told a flash hider was ok?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.