Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
Well said by the judge, but I don't agree with this... We are at war with radical Islam. To define his actions as just an individual crime diminishes the truth. The 9/11 conspirators were enemy combatants out to destroy America. This guy tried to do the same.

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
I don't know the Judge's mind but I think he was just cutting to the chase and calling a spade a spade; correctly doing away with the fancy lingo that pervades these days when it comes to this crap.

One example - "workplace violence". It sounds much nicer than "terrorist act".

·
Condition Zero
3,124 Posts
So true - he wasn't an enemy combatant, he was a terrorist. Neither was he a "freedom fighter" as that term was recently coined.

Wonderful read.
+1

If crime fighters fight crime, and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I agree with the judge, but I have a question here. If he is a British citizen, why was afforded the right to a trial? Shouldn't we have kicked his arse back to the UK and let them do what they wanted to him?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Great reply. I never agreed with that "they hate us for our freedom" talk though.

My favorite part was the judge driving home the the point that 1) this guy is just a killer; 2) not an important one; and 3) no matter what he did or his friends do, they'll fail.

·
Temp. self-imposed ban.
4,410 Posts
That particular Brit? Yeah, I remember him......... you guys should have hanged him.
And bury him wrapped in a pig's skin. So the next one would know what's ahead, should he choose to go that route.
BTW, good old British recipe.. What happened there, TreeWise?

·
Fan of guns, but not one of the anti science pro f
2,335 Posts
She's right about the he is a terrorist part, but wrong about us not being afraid. The country is afraid, and they already won. This guy and the fear, paranoia, and security theater that stemmed from this is the reason I (and millions and millions of other Americans) gotta take off my goddamn shoes every time I pass thru an airport.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.