Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise what you need to register a Harbor Freight trailer? I have the manufacturers statement of origin, but the idiot at the register entered the VIN wrong on the register reciept. Do they need the reciept to register it, or not?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
When I trailer long distances, I make sure I have a spare, a lug wrench, and jack that work on that trailer.

·
Registered
12,046 Posts
I paid $550 for my 2001 trailer , still have my original tires and never changed the wheel bearings. It has been very useful from hauling my ATV on hunting trips to moving furniture numerous times.
I bought my trailer in Commack on Jericho Tpke, don't know if it's still in business. I could probably sell it today and get $400 for it!

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
I paid $550 for my 2001 trailer , still have my original tires and never changed the wheel bearings. It has been very useful from hauling my ATV on hunting trips to moving furniture numerous times.
I bought my trailer in Commack on Jericho Tpke, don't know if it's still in business. I could probably sell it today and get $400 for it!
Yeah, but is it registered in Maine? Good quality trailers will last a long time.....

·
Registered
155 Posts
The bearing grease that comes prepacked in the HF wheel bearings is similar to ear wax, I cleaned mine and regreased them then went to trailer city and bought 2 new ones so I have spares with me at all times as well as a spare and all necessary tools. I've carried a snowmobile back and forth to PA up the hills of 84 with no trailer issues yet. Take care of the bearings and it'll work fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.