Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
17,343 Posts
Cheap and Durable/trustworthy do not fit in the same bracket. Eotech Aimpoint etc have the fans. I own both and like them almost the same. Battery life? Aimpoint hands down. View? Eotech hands down. Controls? Have to go Aimpoint. Have to find batteries in a SHTF situation? Eotech with the AA battery.

Bottom line, don't trust anything to anything made in China. Save and get the best, you'll thank yourself one day.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
+1 I just had an inexpensive one cr#p out on me - on a 9mm sub - I was lucky I left the steel sights on or else the day would have been a wash ...

·
Banned
6,423 Posts
I have a tasco pro point and not a complaint. "Oh Uncle Paul" you should check out "ted Sheckler's" red dot emporium!!! (only funny for O&A fans)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
tssk tsssk red dot, what's this some kind of Indian thing? -Chip Chipperson.

·
Banned
6,303 Posts
I have a ATN Digital on mine for 3-4 yrs now,holds zero,have'nt replaced batteries yet and has multiple brightness settings and a bunch of different recticles.
By no means is it a battle sight but for the range it works well.
www.amazon.com/ATN-DTRXULSTDS-Digital-Ultra-Sight/dp/B0019CTIR4

·
Banned
17,343 Posts
gunsngolf said:
I have a tasco pro point and not a complaint. "Oh Uncle Paul" you should check out "ted Sheckler's" red dot emporium!!! (only funny for O&A fans)
Bought one from Ted's mother Beverly at Bamberger's Dept store.

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
For really heavy use and abuse, EOtech and Aimpoint

Just need an affordable red dot that holds zero and can last for years.
http://www.primaryarms.com/category.sc?categoryId=419

The M3 works very well. And the owner Marsh stands behind his products. Been using his stuff for years and have been very happy with it.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I thought this was a thread about gunpowder.

Anyway, I had a 42mm red dot made by BSR that I bought new on Gun Broker for $40 about 10 years ago. It looks identical to those offered by Nikon, Barska and Tasco. It lived on an AR15 for 5 years without a problem before my nephew confiscated it and put it on a Deer Shotgun for a couple of seasons. It has been on his muzzleloader for the last three years and is still ticking. I really don't see what a low-recoil gun like an AR could do to one anyway.

·
Registered
81 Posts
check out the Sight mark ultra shot qd I paid $100 shipped its really nice but dont buy the older model it has issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts