Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Flashlight inserted through rectum removed from man's abdomen

In just over two hours, doctors in China removed a flashlight from a man's abdomen after he was admitted to the hospital complaining about lower stomach and rectal discomfort, Central European News (CEN) reported.

The flashlight, which was 10 inches long, had been inserted in the man's anus and was lodged so far up his rectum that it needed to be surgically removed through his abdomen.

"The foreign object had been in the patient's rectum for 27 hours," Dr. Sun, of the First Affiliated Hospital of the Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine, told CEN . "Any longer and it could have caused potentially fatal swelling and blockages."

The man, identified only by his last name, Cai, refused to reveal how or why the object had been inserted.

Cai is in stable condition and will remain under observation for two days in case of intestinal bleeding.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
I had read somewhere that it really was a microphone and it happened in a karaoke bar...

Fight at Chinese karaoke bar leaves singer with ten-inch 'microphone' shoved so far into his rear, doctors have to cut open his abdomen to remove it

http://www.dailymail...araoke-row.html

I guess they didn't like the song selection......

Reactions: Mad Russian

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I used to work in the Trauma room at Stony Brook ER. You would be amazed the different types of items people were able to shove in different areas.... happened more often then you'd imagine.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The recovered flashlight pictured below. The patient claimed he was cleaning it in the shower and fell.

Friend of mine is a surgeon.
He said you'd be amazed at how many people walk around their house naked, vacuum naked, cook naked, change light bulbs and batteries naked and slip and fall on things that go up their butts.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
We used to have x-rays up in our breakroom with the names cut off (HIPAA).. apples, potatoes, vibrators, hot dogs, pens, piercings... you name it. Ahh the good old days.

It was always an accident. There were only a handful that admitted to what really happened.

And to make this post firearm related, we never found this.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.