Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on sitting in tree stands upstate quite a bit this winter, and it gets cold.
Cabela's, Badlands, Arctic Shield, Under Armor, too many choices.

Recommendations?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I plan on sitting in tree stands upstate quite a bit this winter, and it gets cold.
Cabela's, Badlands, Arctic Shield, Under Armor, too many choices.

Recommendations?

·
Winter is coming
3,569 Posts
I use a lot of Cabelas gear, good prices, high quality.
Stay away from Artic Shield, its crazy warm, too warm, actually, and it's noisy as hell.
It's like being wrapped in plastic shopping bags.
Under Armor is great for base layers, (my thermals are all UA), but the material is a bit on the soft side for an outside layer in the woods,
it pulls way too easily.
Badlands makes good stuff, never heard a lot of complaining about it, but don't use any.
Stay away from parka's if you plan on a lot of tree stand hunting, they're too long and bunch up, gets in the way of the bow.
A good hip length jacket with a bib is great for mobility and warmth.

·
Winter is coming
3,569 Posts
I use a lot of Cabelas gear, good prices, high quality.
Stay away from Artic Shield, its crazy warm, too warm, actually, and it's noisy as hell.
It's like being wrapped in plastic shopping bags.
Under Armor is great for base layers, (my thermals are all UA), but the material is a bit on the soft side for an outside layer in the woods,
it pulls way too easily.
Badlands makes good stuff, never heard a lot of complaining about it, but don't use any.
Stay away from parka's if you plan on a lot of tree stand hunting, they're too long and bunch up, gets in the way of the bow.
A good hip length jacket with a bib is great for mobility and warmth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts