Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone recommend a steel supply place in nassau county that doesn't mind a small order? i am looking to get some material to make a couple of offroad bumpers for an old Chevy Blazer that I bought. i am in Franklin Square and am looking to make something pretty much like these:

Thanks.

·
airbrushart
5,514 Posts
Bellmore steel 2282 Bellmore Ave just south of Sunrise Highway, 516-785-9667, we use them for all our steel needs/projects. Yes they will cut & sell small orders one piece or one thousand pieces.

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
I love that truck. I had a 71 that I dumped way too much money into. I'm going to own one again someday.

I'll have to see if I have any parts laying around and you're welcome to them.

·
Registered
9,630 Posts
Joe from NY said:
can anyone recommend a steel supply place in nassau county that doesn't mind a small order? i am looking to get some material to make a couple of offroad bumpers for an old Chevy Blazer that I bought. i am in Franklin Square and am looking to make something pretty much like these:

Thanks.
Great looking truck. Looks like you spent alot of time and money. How does it ride?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Although not in Nassau, try Sims steel in Lindenhurst. they are on Muncy Ave and stock nearly every type of steel you could need ( within reason). They will also cut/ weld for you if you give them exact dimensions. Good luck.

·
Banned
5,029 Posts
BELLMORE STEEL
KUNO STEEL HICKSVILLE

THESE ARE TWO I USE IN NASSAU .

BOTH MAY BE ABLE TO BUILD THIS FOR YOU , OR IF YOU CAN CUT AND WELD DO IT YOURSELF

GOOD LUCK

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
Ill post a guys number that i deal with tomorrow, his number is in my shop. his name is stephan
he is in bellmore and will deliver after hrs to you
he is cheap and trying to make a name for himself with racecar fab guys but im sure he can help you out

·
Puppy Training
1,381 Posts
Kuno has been around forever great company to do business with. There's a fabricator in the back of tec street also great people small jobs are them I just can't remember their name right now. They are Mariah metal fabricators. Custom fabricating and welding, they help me with my hitch hauler for my truck.

·
Banned
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pate said:
I love that truck. I had a 71 that I dumped way too much money into. I'm going to own one again someday.

I'll have to see if I have any parts laying around and you're welcome to them.
Yeah, thanks. i am actually looking for a steering wheel and some front seats. the wheel center part is cracked and split into three pieces, so it expanded and the horn center part is gone. i will post photos of the broken stuff when i get the truck back. it is in my friends garage for the night due to me being too lazy to snap the hundred snaps to put the vinyl top back up when the rain was coming.

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
crz_alt said:
Although not in Nassau, try Sims steel in Lindenhurst. they are on Muncy Ave and stock nearly every type of steel you could need ( within reason). They will also cut/ weld for you if you give them exact dimensions. Good luck.
These guys are good - they do have a Minimum ($20 I think) so if you have a very small order come up with some plans for projects before you go!

·
Banned
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NorthForkSportsman said:
Great looking truck. Looks like you spent alot of time and money. How does it ride?
it rides great, i just got it Saturday at the Carlisle PA truck show, so the previous owner did all the work to get it looking good. we closed the deal and got all the paperwork done just as the sky opened up for a nasty hours-long downpour. we drove four hours in that mess coming back, and it ran great all the way. We passed right by the gigantic cabellas store in Pa, but we were in a hurry to get home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.