Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am driving to cabelas in Hamburg PA tomorrow morning. Might pick up something new, not sure yet. Does anyone know of any Ranges around there or on the way back I can stop by at to try a new toy at?

Also if anyone has any route sugustions from north shore of Nassau, i would appreciate it

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
I am driving to cabelas in Hamburg PA tomorrow morning. Might pick up something new, not sure yet. Does anyone know of any Ranges around there or on the way back I can stop by at to try a new toy at?

Also if anyone has any route sugustions from north shore of Nassau, i would appreciate it
I go to Hershey every year and we always stop at that Cabela's. I go through Staten Island over the Goethels to the Jersey Tpke up a couple of exits to Rte 78 and just shoot west. Very easy approximately 3-hr ride to Hamburg. Oh, and there's a Cracker Barrel right there too.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
looking more for public ranges, ones you do not need membership for. but that looks like a really nice one!
You could probably ask at Cabela's. I'm sure they'll be able to direct you to one or two in the area.

Reactions: gopedxr7

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
It's $50 for the year. Maybe even less.
When I joined it was $35 for the year or $350 lifetime membership.
They have raffles several times a year. You can win guns!! (Oh my!!)

Shooting points are divided by stone walls

Very safe and no waiting for places to shoot.

Lancer arms uses the range for prototype development. (I shot their prototype AR10 there a couple of years ago.)

Be sure to stop at the Tilted Kilt on the way back. The "A" team's shift starts after 5 pm so take your time at the range.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Yipers ! Whats the B team like at the Tilted Kilt ? (maybe consider skipping the range altogether, lol.)

as for the trip, even though you are North Shore, shoot down one of the parkways to the S State / Belt and proceed as TrapshooterBob explained.
I used to make the trip fairly regularly. You want to avoid da Bronx and the Van Wyck.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Yipers ! Whats the B team like at the Tilted Kilt ? (maybe consider skipping the range altogether, lol.)

as for the trip, even though you are North Shore, shoot down one of the parkways to the S State / Belt and proceed as TrapshooterBob explained.
I used to make the trip fairly regularly. You want to avoid da Bronx and the Van Wyck.
Yeah, I think they are doing work on the Major Deegan, so going through da Bronx might be even worse than usual.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Heard there is new range that opened up in Bethlehem. If you ask at Cabelas they should be able to direct ya to it.

Reactions: gopedxr7

·
Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilati
8,064 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Is this the place you're talking about? http://www.perrygunclub.com/index.html

There's no mention of non-member use.
That's the place. The woman who works at Wing Pointe gave me an application for memebership. Thirty bucks initation and 20 a year or something like that. Today, when I shot the sporting clays course at Wing Pointe, she told me that Wing Pointe could colled the fee for a day pass.

Full disclosure: What I saw was a pavillion on the side of the road with target butts to shoot at. I'll be supporting this local club since I've got a year round RV set up a few miles away.

Besides that, just over the Jersey border in Easton is Heritage Guild. Great place. I've shot there a bunch and highly recommend it.

Reactions: Hannco

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts

That's the place. The woman who works at Wing Pointe gave me an application for memebership. Thirty bucks initation and 20 a year or something like that. Today, when I shot the sporting clays course at Wing Pointe, she told me that Wing Pointe could colled the fee for a day pass.

Full disclosure: What I saw was a pavillion on the side of the road with target butts to shoot at. I'll be supporting this local club since I've got a year round RV set up a few miles away.

Besides that, just over the Jersey border in Easton is Heritage Guild. Great place. I've shot there a bunch and highly recommend it.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.