Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was running and saw a sign for a R/C airshow today from 10am-4pm at Sunken Meadow Park parking lot #2. It was hosted by the Long Island Flying Eagles, or a name similar to that. I know there are a bunch of people intrested im that stuff so I thought I will share. Sorry about the short notice.

·
Registered
38,620 Posts
When: Sun. 9/13 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Where:
Gov. Alfred E. Smith/Sunken Meadow State Park
at north end of Sunken Meadow State Parkway
Kings Park, NY 11754
Price:
Free, $8 parking fee
Description:
Held at the north end of Sunken Meadow, demonstrations of all types of miniature aircraft (fixed wing, helicopters, gliders, electric)
Type:
Community, Community, Events, Events, Local Event
http://nysparks.com

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
I saw this show a few years ago. Very cool.

·
Lousy Shot
16,177 Posts
I don't know much about the hobby but I know there is a whole parking lot down at Heckscher SP that is permanently closed off for a local RC modeler's club. I don't know how that came about in a State Park but they couldn't have any event today because that's ground zero for the Suffolk marathon.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
I don't know much about the hobby but I know there is a whole parking lot down at Heckscher SP that is permanently closed off for a local RC modeler's club. I don't know how that came about in a State Park but they couldn't have any event today because that's ground zero for the Suffolk marathon.
It's at Sunken Meadows State Park Not Hecshcher State PARK

·
Lousy Shot
16,177 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.