Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question! Anyone know what the "official" rule is on carrying ammunition in a vehicle from NY to Pennsylvania? We are in the midst of moving from one state to another and I only have a NYC Shotgun and Rifle Permit currently as well as a non-resident PA license. Is there a maximum amount of ammunition allowed to have in the vehicle? Also, this move may take several weeks to complete. Can I visit a shooting range without a Resident License while still in transit. Any information would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think I've ever read anything about limitations on how much ammo you can bring from NY to PA. I know NJ has some issues with hollow point ammo. There is a NYC limit on how much ammo you can store in NYC (I think it's 250 rounds but not sure).

When you say visit a shooting range, where is the shooting range and what will you be shooting (long gun or pistol). I'm sure you know you cannot under any circumstances be in possession of a handgun in NYS. The same may apply in NJ.
Copy that. I will be renting a few pistols down in a PA range when visiting in the next few weeks. And a no no in any circumstances am i driving with a handgun, just a few boxes of ammo ..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts