Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be heading to PA this weekend for a gun show with a buddy from here. I dont' have a PA ccw. Are there other counties in PA still issuing the non resident ccw? I have a suffolk sportsman license and can bring that to show? I would rather not have to drive all the way to centre county to get one. Anybody have any idea? The show is near Philly. Thanks.

Sean

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will be heading to PA this weekend for a gun show with a buddy from here. I dont' have a PA ccw. Are there other counties in PA still issuing the non resident ccw? I have a suffolk sportsman license and can bring that to show? I would rather not have to drive all the way to centre county to get one. Anybody have any idea? The show is near Philly. Thanks.

Sean

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Centre County is the ONLY county in PA that will issue a non resident PA ccw license based on a restricted NY license.  All of the other counties require a full unrestricted NY licesne for a PA non resident issue  Beside Sheriff Nau is one cool guy and is a member here.

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Centre County is the ONLY county in PA that will issue a non resident PA ccw license based on a restricted NY license.  All of the other counties require a full unrestricted NY licesne for a PA non resident issue  Beside Sheriff Nau is one cool guy and is a member here.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Steve.  Yeah everyone is raving about how great and effiecient his department is ran.  So I will be making a separate trip out there.  Should have done it before we couldn't mail them in.  My own fault.  Thanks again.  

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Steve.  Yeah everyone is raving about how great and effiecient his department is ran.  So I will be making a separate trip out there.  Should have done it before we couldn't mail them in.  My own fault.  Thanks again.  

·
Sharp Shooter!
487 Posts
SteveG said:
Centre County is the ONLY county in PA that will issue a non resident PA ccw license based on a restricted NY license. All of the other counties require a full unrestricted NY licesne for a PA non resident issue Beside Sheriff Nau is one cool guy and is a member here.
Not quite true. I have a non-resident PA license out of Butler County which is north of the Pittsburgh area. I got mine in 2009. They had no problems at all with my NY license. I hadn't heard of Centre county issuing Non resident CCWs by mail at the time. Application has to be in person and you do need at least 2 references, which if I remember correctly, has to be residents there. I grew up there and have friends/family there so it was no problem.

·
Sharp Shooter!
487 Posts
SteveG said:
Centre County is the ONLY county in PA that will issue a non resident PA ccw license based on a restricted NY license. All of the other counties require a full unrestricted NY licesne for a PA non resident issue Beside Sheriff Nau is one cool guy and is a member here.
Not quite true. I have a non-resident PA license out of Butler County which is north of the Pittsburgh area. I got mine in 2009. They had no problems at all with my NY license. I hadn't heard of Centre county issuing Non resident CCWs by mail at the time. Application has to be in person and you do need at least 2 references, which if I remember correctly, has to be residents there. I grew up there and have friends/family there so it was no problem.

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
MRR said:
It may have been different in 2009 and the fact you had family there may have had something to do with it. As of now, Centre County is the ONLY county that will issue it on a rstrcited NY license. Up until I think late last year it was also done by mail. It is now a statwide reuirement to be done in person.

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
MRR said:
It may have been different in 2009 and the fact you had family there may have had something to do with it. As of now, Centre County is the ONLY county that will issue it on a rstrcited NY license. Up until I think late last year it was also done by mail. It is now a statwide reuirement to be done in person.

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
Scott625 said:
Why not just get a Florida license. It's fairly simple, and it's honored in pa. You don't have to be a Florida resident to have it honored in pa.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184
A Florida CCW will not get you out of the restrictions under FOPA and GFSZA. (namely - you cannot be within 1000 feet of a school unless you have a permit issued by that specific state)

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
Scott625 said:
Why not just get a Florida license. It's fairly simple, and it's honored in pa. You don't have to be a Florida resident to have it honored in pa.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184
A Florida CCW will not get you out of the restrictions under FOPA and GFSZA. (namely - you cannot be within 1000 feet of a school unless you have a permit issued by that specific state)

·
Banned
24,899 Posts
deathsythe said:
Another stupid gun law! Just avoid schools

·
Banned
24,899 Posts
deathsythe said:
Another stupid gun law! Just avoid schools

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
Good luck getting through any major city without going within 1000 feet of schools. There was a reason this part of the law was enacted - to keep non-resident gun owners out of major cities without explicitly denying them access to specific areas (which, because many states unlike our beloved liberal stink hole, don't have preemption)

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
Good luck getting through any major city without going within 1000 feet of schools. There was a reason this part of the law was enacted - to keep non-resident gun owners out of major cities without explicitly denying them access to specific areas (which, because many states unlike our beloved liberal stink hole, don't have preemption)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts