Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Quality made cartridges - smoking review

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Chuck in Alpine 
#1 ·
After waiting a month for delivery of some 45acp 230gr from Quality Made cartridges, due to manufacturing delays (remanufactured ammo), I finally got to try them at Mitchell field today.
I ran the lead cast ammo through my finicky kimber pro carry 2 and had absolutely no fails to feed or eject +1. The only issues I had was the noticeable flash and the significant amount of smoke each round generated. -1. After firing a 100 rounds, I ran through 50 rounds of 230gr ball ammo from freedommunitions. The freedom rounds had no noticeable flash and no smoke, also no fail to feeds or eject.

The quality made cartridges were a bit cheaper, than freedom but had to wait too long for delivery. The smoke and flash are big deal breakers for me.

Also worth noting, I cleaned my kimber afterwards and didn't think that the rounds ran any dirtier or cleaner then any other ammo. Soot is really noticeable on my pro carry as it's stainless.

Just my 2cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I don't remember are 45 acp roll or tapper crimped. I had that issue with my 45lc and 9mm. Someone here recommended a titer crimp and that did the trick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.