Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if right forum...I just picked up a quad, the red plastics are pretty faded and wondering if I should put some kind of skins over them...anyone deal with this? maybe a vinal covering? or the cordura washable skins...anyone??? thanks for any input!

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
phumb said:
not sure if right forum...I just picked up a quad, the red plastics are pretty faded and wondering if I should put some kind of skins over them...anyone deal with this? maybe a vinal covering? or the cordura washable skins...anyone??? thanks for any input!
Paul, they do make slip-on camo skins for the quads - kinda like the 'bra' for cars. Typically you replace the mudflap screws with snaps, and the covers slip under the racks and over the fenders and snap in place.

Really though looking at the thing I'd just get a few cans of plastic paint in camo colors and have at it.... It is a little on the pink side!

I have seen rolls of camo pattern vinyl that is self-stick, can't recall who had it though.

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
phumb said:
thanks pete!....anyone put the skins on?
Um... I have?... :p

·
Winter is coming
3,569 Posts
Had a friend who used the stick on type. As I recall, they weren't model specific, so you have to make your own cuts.
They were a pretty tough cordura type of material, only real problem was that cut edges would tend to fray, especially if you rub fenders on trees.
Overall they seemed to work well, but I don't remember where they came form, sorry.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this was an old thread...I wound up repainting them very close to original color with krylon fusion...actually came out pretty good!...may post a pic once its back together

·
Registered
9,630 Posts
I have my second quad in camo tape has held up well in woods. Was simple to apply and easy to repair when scratches from the woods occur. You basically over lap edges. No fade at all. Any cracks in the plastic are held together by the tape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.