Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Right-wing Sith
6,646 Posts
I received an email from County Leg. Trotta today.

Greg,
I thought you might be interested in coming to a public hearing hosted by the Republican Suffolk County Legislators on Thursday, October 29, at 1pm at the William Rogers Legislature Building, 725 Veterans Memorial Highway, Hauppauge. We want to hear the taxpayers/residents' opinions regarding the Red Light Camera Program. We will also go on the web to look at some of the tickets that were issued. People should bring their citation and pin numbers.

Hope you can make it.
Date and time - Thursday, Oct. 29, 1 PM,

Place- William Rogers Legislature Building, 725 Veterans Memorial Highway, Hauppauge.

·
Right-wing Sith
6,646 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I am afraid this will simply be a dog and pony show.
That does not mean it can not have an effect. I am guessing some kind of local press will be there.

Besides, I like dogs and ponies.

Horse Dog Plant Mammal Working animal

Attachments

·
Right-wing Sith
6,646 Posts
There is Newsday article on the Public Hearing.

http://www.newsday.c...ring-1.11028166

I did not hear a single person in the audience defend the program. Although, I got there about a half hour after it started. I was the last person to speak and, of course, I was good. We each had 3 min.

The video they showed of an ambulance going through a red light and getting a ticket even though its emergency lights were flashing should be enough to kill this program.

Leg. Browning was there and she claimed to show an email from a constituent that wanted a red-light camera in her area and she said she gets many such requests. Two other Legislators also made a point of repeating that they held the hearing for the purpose of fixing any problems.

One of the speakers wanted to know where all the money generated went too.

When I spoke, three things I mentioned were:

1. It is the County that created the problem and now the County says they want to fix it. The way to fix it is to get rid of it.

2. I offered a compromise to Leg. Browning. When a majority of folks at an intersection want a red light camera, give only those intersections a camera.

3. I also answered the question the speaker asked about where the money went. I said it went to the Suffolk Police contract.

It is interesting that Commie Democrat Bellone attacked the hearing. He bemoaned the fact that some Republicans who previously supported the program are now attacking it. Commies hate it when governments they run are criticized. After all only the noble and beneficent Dems are allowed to hold hearings not those dastardly Republicans. They automatically say the criticism is "political." The reason some GOP members are critical of the program now is because of the problems laid bare by this monstrosity and the complaints they are getting.

If so many people in Suffolk like the program, why weren't they at the hearing. Any person could walk in and fill out a speaker card. Browning, with her alleged email, could have invited some supporters to come and speak.

This guy spoke at the hearing too:

He also spoke at a hearing a few weeks ago:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7W1Khn_dKs

Great new site. They now have a copy of the contract Suffolk has with Xerox you can see and download:
http://www.redlightscam.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.