Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He is 15 y/o, an A student, a badass baseball player, a volunteer junior firefighter and very active in the US Navy Sea Cadet Corps.
All of that is reason enough to be proud of him. He took it to another level tonight though, IMHO.
He just sent me a text telling me that he had come upon a guy in Army ACU's (clearly not military) with flag oriented incorrectly on his sleeve, boots not bloused, mismatched uniform parts and more. Most people would either not even notice the guy, toss him some loose change and move on or ignore him.
My nephew (out with his dad) reaches out to ask me if the guy might be a phoney (poser) or could he really be a vet who has fallen on hard times or worse, has problems that someone should try to help him with.
This may sound like nothing special to some but I'll bet that the vets out there see the significance.
Not bad for a 15 y/o, huh? There is hope for us yet. Unless it's just the Blue Moon effect

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Good for your nephew. Where does he live, on the Island?
If I ever saw a Veteran begging in uniform I would ask to see his VA card or tags. If he did I would chuck him a couple of bucks and find out what's up? And try to help in some way. If he didn't produce proof of service, I'm not sure what I'd do but I would be hot and he would know it.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
If I ever saw a Veteran begging in uniform I would ask to see his VA card or tags. If he did I would chuck him a couple of bucks and find out what's up? And try to help in some way. If he didn't produce proof of service, I'm not sure what I'd do but I would be hot and he would know it.
Huh?

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Its called family. Something the average shmo protestor of today can't figure out. Good for you and your family. I have turned down job opportunities and promotions to spend time with my kids, because at the end of the day the loss time away from your kids can never be bought back. From a former NAVY guy. I salute you, and your nephew.

Reactions: Huntington Guy

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you. Yes, the are central Suffolk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.