Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Decided to finally sell my deer hunting rifle that I never use (Remington 742 Woodsmaster .30-06) and am searching around online trying to figure out the best place to advertise it. Gun dealers are out, since they have to make a profit and are offering about a third of what the rifle is worth. This site says I have insufficient privileges to post in the Classifieds sub forum. So two questions: How do I get the proper privileges? Does anyone know of any other way to sell a rifle privately other than through word of mouth these days?

I haven't done any hunting or gun related stuff since the early 1980s, so I'm really out of the loop on this. Also have never sold a gun before. I know the buyer will need a background check, but other than that I'm lost as to how to go about getting a decent price for my weapons. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
The old LIF, members would PM you and make an offer. The mods didn’t stop you from the 100 post requirements. I guess you can put an asking price and pictures.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was wondering about this too, I have a box (50) of ammo (Federal .38 Auto) that I bought by mistake and I'd like to sell it for what I paid for it but I don't have near 100 posts. Thanks for asking...

·
Registered
8 Posts
When the new and "improved" format appeared I lost my user name (mason852) man now cannot use the classifieds
Maybe I will just post a--holes 100 times and get back in the fold

1 - 5 of 5 Posts