Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
200 Warning Points, with a side of bacon.
2,868 Posts
They have it too easy already!
I'm not saying I don't agree with you. If you do the crime, you do the time.

On the other hand, why are these European countries able to adopt these extremely lax corrections policies, and why aren't the prisoners shanking each other en masse like they do in our prisons?

It's like the nature vs. nurture argument in relation to pitbulls.

Pitbulls are pretty friendly dogs, but if you lock them in a cage and treat them like @#$%, they have a tendency to bite the living crap out of everything they see.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
I'm not saying I don't agree with you. If you do the crime, you do the time.

On the other hand, why are these European countries able to adopt these extremely lax corrections policies, and why aren't the prisoners shanking each other en masse like they do in our prisons?

It's like the nature vs. nurture argument in relation to pitbulls.

Pitbulls are pretty friendly dogs, but if you lock them in a cage and treat them like @#$%, they have a tendency to bite the living crap out of everything they see.
Dogs do not have intellect. Dogs are not people. But there can be comparisons in training.
If a dog misbehaves, negative reinforcement helps in training.

Don't want to go to prison?
Don't commit crimes. What a concept.
As to shanking etc. i don't care what occurs in Europe.
Perhaps because they have different types of inmates?
Blaming the prison for the behavior of the POS that are in there makes as much sense as blaming the girl that was raped for being raped.

How come prisons had less problems when they were really tough?
Unlike today where they are paid, have cable TV, can take college course etc.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
If you wife or daughter were raped and beaten would you feel "justice was served" by a home confinement/work release program?

Great deterance for the next rapist.

And it's not like people out on work release or probation or parole have ever committed the same crime again...

·
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you wife or daughter were raped and beaten would you feel "justice was served" by a home confinement/work release program?

Great deterance for the next rapist.

And it's not like people out on work release or probation or parole have ever committed the same crime again...
I wouldn't know, as the circumstance has never presented itself.

Hard to say, i'm a tough guy, but I have a forgiving heart.

I would hope, that in lieu of a pistol license, that my hypothetical wife and/or daughter would skewer the guy before he had the chance?

I would think that a more harsh sentence would be given in the circumstance.

However, if the program was successful, and was able to successfully rehabilitate the individual, then I would be able to sleep at night.

Not saying the Euro way is the answer, but not saying the American way is correct, either.

Only looking to stir intellectual conversation and have a broader perspective of the topic.

·
2,868 Posts
Dogs do not have intellect. Dogs are not people. But there can be comparisons in training.
If a dog misbehaves, negative reinforcement helps in training.

Don't want to go to prison?
Don't commit crimes. What a concept.
As to shanking etc. i don't care what occurs in Europe.
Perhaps because they have different types of inmates?
Blaming the prison for the behavior of the POS that are in there makes as much sense as blaming the girl that was raped for being raped.

How come prisons had less problems when they were really tough?
Unlike today where they are paid, have cable TV, can take college course etc.
But you can train a dog to behave through positive reinforcement as well.

Isn't a dog much more happy and obliging to do something for a treat, rather than to avoid having it's nose rubbed in poop?

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Nothing good can come of this social experiment here. (I don't care what the "results" from Europe are)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.