Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AMF YOYO
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our trusty Canon finally went belly-up and we need a replacement.

1) Needs to print color & B/W
2) Needs to Print, Scan, & Copy
3) Needs to be inexpensive. Willing to pay a bit more up front for a unit that has cheaper ink cartridges.
4) Print Quantity is less than 100 pages per week, but can get busier at certain times of the year since my wife is a teacher.

Recommendations?

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
21,922 Posts
At home I've always used HP printers, in fact I'm going to pick one for my college kid now.
At work I have always used HP as well, especially the printers they market as business class. We have never had a printer that failed, only wore out. For the last three years we've been abusing an HP Office Jet 8600 Pro. It does everything and does it well. It uses large (and expensive) ink cartridges, but they last a long time. At last check we printed close to 30,000 pages and it's still going strong.
Another reason for HP is ink is easy to find everywhere.

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
At home I've always used HP printers, in fact I'm going to pick one for my college kid now.
At work I have always used HP as well, especially the printers they market as business class. We have never had a printer that failed, only wore out. For the last three years we've been abusing an HP Office Jet 8600 Pro. It does everything and does it well. It uses large (and expensive) ink cartridges, but they last a long time. At last check we printed close to 30,000 pages and it's still going strong.
Another reason for HP is ink is easy to find everywhere.
Agreed ^ locally Micro center has pretty good deals on them .

Reactions: Mad Russian

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
I have had mixed issues with HP within the last 2-3 years.. Laser engines and scanners have had the gears strip. They have been great about sending replacement units but waiting for and getting a good tech on the phone to authorize the RMA has been difficult. Since the tech support primary language has been other than English. Canon units have the instant on. and use the standard Twain drivers for scanner. The HP multi units do however on the support portal have a HP removal tool to clean up failed installs and drivers.

·
Banned
10,014 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.