Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am probably going to pick up a new pressure washer tomorrow, nothing professional grade. Any suggestions on Lowes/HD? Troy? Generac? Homelite?
This will be a basic homeowner tool to clean my deck, walkway, Glock, siding, thoughts?

· Premium Member
3,568 Posts
Call my buddy who you met. He works cheap and you can kick back and watch him do whatever you want. For a couple hundred or so a year, it's not worth buying a good machine that will actually work. He actually just found a good spray that gets the tiger striping off of gutters. Works well he says.

· Premium Member
3,555 Posts

· Premium Member
9,460 Posts
2500 PSI (ish), gas. I had a machine years ago and kinda miss having one around when the urge strikes to do something wet around the house. Not looking for a budget buster either, $3-400 budget which should be fine for my needs.
Bonus, if my neighbor ever parks in front of my house I can blast him (with water) from the comfort of my garage.

ETA: "with water", never know who's watching and having stupid thoughts.

· Registered
2,222 Posts
just make sure its over 3000 psi
I've got a 2750 PSI pressure washer. With a turbo (rotating) nozzle, it is strong enough to abrade and remove sand from the top of concrete. That nozzle would damage a PVC fence, but regular fan nozzles work fine on my PVC fence.

GPM is more important than PSI. And if you're washing your house or gutters, a hose is just fine. What does the best work there is the chemical you use.

· Listen up,I don't dial 911.
3,586 Posts
I have had many PW machines my two that I use now are both Hondas with a comet and a RVB pump. One is 11 hp the other is 14 hp.

when I say save your money don't buy a $200 PW its because use will be wasting your time. I went to a home in Center Moriches a guy bought a Lowes or HD power washer with a 3 HP Honda motor, and a deck cleaner. He called me to fix it ,the thing just cut lines in the cedar.
The 14 HP unit makes 50 year old cement look brand new. Rent a big unit practice or ask for instruction from one of us. Be careful when you get one you'll want to wash everything in sight, they can damage cars and campers easily. blow caulking out of windows, and take your eye out ,for God sakes be careful.

· Gunecologist
2,251 Posts
I bought 3 Generac 2700 psi pressure washers with Honda engines in 1996 and aside from a friend insisting I sell him one, the other 2 (1 for the shed and 1 for the garage) still start on the second pull and run flawlessly. The thing to remember is to start the water going before starting the engine and use the Briggs & Stratton pump lube spray when putting it away for the season.

· Premium Member
3,568 Posts
Just in case some haven't seen them, I worked with my buddy recently who had the disk for flat areas. Need a machine with lots of power to spin it, but boy does it make fast and clean (no lines) work of decks and patios. Friggin thing was awesome.

· Registered
1,474 Posts
Ive got a Karcher that I bought in BJs at least 10 years ago. Its got the cheap black Honda on it but its held up very well. Ive used it quite a bit. One piece of advice..NEVER lend a pressure washer to anyone. This is my third unit. When I bought this one I made a decision not to let anyone use it. One of my friends from work needed to do his boat at the end of the season. I didn't have the time to do it so I lent it to him. He fried the pump. Not doing his. Doing the THIRD boat of the day !!!!! He replaced the pump. Now since hes done that he feels like he should be able to borrow it any time. He just had it for two days doing his house. Every time he uses it I keep hoping the motor will puke and hes going to bring back a new washer ! LOL

· Listen up,I don't dial 911.
3,586 Posts
Just in case some haven't seen them, I worked with my buddy recently who had the disk for flat areas. Need a machine with lots of power to spin it, but boy does it make fast and clean (no lines) work of decks and patios. Friggin thing was awesome.
I just used one myself WOW is right I did a pool deck in minutes. But as poster said you gotta have big power to run it. It cleans cement like new. I will never be with out one. They are a bit expensive for what they are . Like $70 at Lowes but it saves a ton of time. don't buy one unless you have big HP.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.