Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Tallest Midget
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am always on the lookout for 10/22 pre ban mags. In fact I just bought a 50 round Pre Ban mag a little bit ago. What I find is crazy are some of the prices of Pre ban Mags for the 10/22. I saw some Ram Lines going for almost 200 each. I know I am crazy, but I am not that crazy. I can't wait to recieve my new to me old magazine.

·
OnTargetGuy
1,525 Posts
I saw that on the wts section good buy Full metal Jacket. I have 1 Ramline and 4 eagle pre bans I am always looking to pick up more!

·
Banned
24,899 Posts
I saw that on the wts section good buy Full metal Jacket. I have 1 Ramline and 4 eagle pre bans I am always looking to pick up more!
Thanks... Torn as what to do with it... I'm a mag whore, don't necessarily want the rifle lol. Shot it yesterday... Functions great

Build something with the preban?

Sell it, keep the mags and buy a take down for the bug out bag?

·
OnTargetGuy
1,525 Posts
.. I'm a mag whore,

Sell it, keep the mags and buy a take down for the bug out bag?
I do the same thing I have 27 ar15 30 round mags, 35ak 30 round mags, 40 hkg3 20 round Mags, 5 Ruger 1022 mags all pre ban, a bunch of 10 round mags for other stuff! and for some reason I still always on line looking for more!

·
Tallest Midget
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NOOO I got excited and jumped the gun. One of the other mags on that site was listed as pre ban, so all the ruger mags came up. I am going to sit in my brewing corner and cry now. No Hi cap mag for me today. It is such a stupid law.

·
Gun Enthusiast
1,040 Posts
NOOO I got excited and jumped the gun. One of the other mags on that site was listed as pre ban, so all the ruger mags came up. I am going to sit in my brewing corner and cry now. No Hi cap mag for me today. It is such a stupid law.
Sorta makes you want to dropkick this sinkhole, doesn't it!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Is there a link to identify what 10/22 mags are pre ban. I was looking at a Butler Creek 25(?) rnd mag, not sure if its pre or post ban. It's black with red plastic feed lips and follower. I wasn't able to find anything on the web when I searched that described pre ban / post ban.

Ken

·
Banned
6,853 Posts
Is there a link to identify what 10/22 mags are pre ban. I was looking at a Butler Creek 25(?) rnd mag, not sure if its pre or post ban. It's black with red plastic feed lips and follower. I wasn't able to find anything on the web when I searched that described pre ban / post ban.

Ken
If there is a guide to preban 10/22 mags, its news to me.

·
LIVE FREE OR DIE
3,118 Posts
I am the ultimate Magwhore!

·
Tallest Midget
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The problem with 10/22 mags is for the most part you need to take the seller at his word. However Ram Line mags i believe are all pre ban because they went out of business before the ban. The Ruger made mags are post ban. I found some more on another NY based firearms forum just picked up 4 of them.

Interesting info here

Note lack of location stamping, and head-down-tail-up logo. Post Sunset magazines are also "Butler Creek" and not "Butler Creek Corp" since Butler Creek is now a brand of Bushnell (BC is no longer it's own corporation).

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
The problem with 10/22 mags is for the most part you need to take the seller at his word. However Ram Line mags i believe are all pre ban because they went out of business before the ban. The Ruger made mags are post ban. I found some more on another NY based firearms forum just picked up 4 of them.

Interesting info here
Not all the pre ban Butler Creeks don't say "Corp" on them. Just Butler Creek.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.