Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
3,535 Posts
Newsweek publishes article calling POW/MIA flag racist; many heads explode

August 11, 2015

Proving that when liberals are given an inch they want to take a mile, attacks on the Confederate flag have moved to a target almost universally revered among conservatives: the POW/MIA flag.

And social media is fighting back.

The newest front is a column Newsweek republished Tuesday by liberal journalist Rick Perlstein, whose column titled "It's Time to Haul Down Another Flag of Racist Hate" appeared in The Washington Spectator on Monday.

"You know that racist flag?" he wrote. "The one that supposedly honors history but actually spreads a pernicious myth? And is useful only to venal right-wing politicians who wish to exploit hatred by calling it heritage? It's past time to pull it down.

"Oh, wait. You thought I was referring to the Confederate flag. Actually, I'm talking about the POW/MIA flag."

Perlstein argued that the North Vietnamese were the actual victims of the Vietnam War and that the torturous acts they are blamed for were actually carried out by the South Vietnamese.

It memorializes Americans as the preeminent victims of the Vietnam War, a notion seared into the nation's visual unconscious by the Oscar-nominated 1978 film The Deer Hunter, which depicts acts of sadism, which were documented to have been carried out by our South Vietnamese allies, as acts committed by our North Vietnamese enemies, including the famous scene pictured on The Deer Hunter poster: a pistol pointed at the American prisoner's head at exactly the same angle of the gun in the famous photograph of the summary execution in the middle of the street of an alleged Communist spy by a South Vietnamese official.​

http://www.bizpacrev...-explode-236312

· Now an Ex NYer
24,979 Posts
Holy crap! Just when you thought it couldn't get any more ridiculous!

· Registered
15,344 Posts
......................and this is why blanket parties were invented. Road trip anyone?

· Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilati
8,064 Posts
I can see their point, this flag, with its picture, represents an African male "captured" by Imperialistic aggression.
Maybe if they combine it with this flag they can make it more universally user-friendly?​

Reactions: Fastphil

· Premium Member
3,185 Posts
I wouldn't call one jackwagon with a stupid opinion an assault. It's just one jackwagon with a stupid opinion.

· Registered
15,344 Posts
Maybe we should let ISIS come over, kill all the liberals and then kill them?
Kind of like a cancer treatment.
Just tell the Libs that the next Burning Man Festival will be held in Bahgdad.

· Registered
6,224 Posts
A Mexican kills someone we should stop eating Tacos ?
When a Drug dealer don't sell drugs to a white guy in a Black area he should be arrested for Racism.
Blackfish should not be called blackfish.
White Fish also.
No more Red , Black and white Cars those colors are racist.
Want to get stupid there's no end to this crap....

· Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
I wouldn't call one jackwagon with a stupid opinion an assault. It's just one jackwagon with a stupid opinion.
Not really.
First it was published by some left wing bull paper, who in their "About" section says "
The Washington Spectator has been a leading source of independent, progressive news and commentary since 1974."

So obviously these progressives think this is a good idea so right from the start it's not "one jackwagon."
The bad part though is a major supposedly, news magazine, Newsweek republished it as an article.
So the Newsweek editors think this is a good position to support.
That's hardly one liberal douchasshat jackwagon. that's many liberal douchasshat jackwagons and they own a big media outlet.

· Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
A Mexican kills someone we should stop eating Tacos ?
When a Drug dealer don't sell drugs to a white guy in a Black area he should be arrested for Racism.
Blackfish should not be called blackfish.
White Fish also.
No more Red , Black and white Cars those colors are racist.
Want to get stupid there's no end to this crap....
You're a racist.
You excluded Yellow cars.

· Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Not really.
First it was published by some left wing bull paper, who in their "About" section says "
The Washington Spectator has been a leading source of independent, progressive news and commentary since 1974."

So obviously these progressives think this is a good idea so right from the start it's not "one jackwagon."
The bad part though is a major supposedly, news magazine, Newsweek republished it as an article.
So the Newsweek editors think this is a good position to support.
That's hardly one liberal douchasshat jackwagon. that's many liberal douchasshat jackwagons and they own a big media outlet.
Newsweek isn't read by anyone. Their circulation is lower than the Pennysaver. The whole enterprise was sold for $1 a few years ago. As for the Washington Spectator, I've never even heard of it and I'm a bit of a news junkie. It's so widely read there are FOUR comments about this article; two of them negative and one pointing out a spelling error. It's written by Rick Perlstein and it's basically a rehash of an article he wrote a few years ago which was printed in The Nation, which garnered 0 comments. this isn't an assault. It's a jacka$$ spitting in the wind. This post and the indignant posts about it on my Facebook feed have already given it more attention than it is getting at the source.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.