Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link to the release:

http://saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=365

"In discussing this with Gary, this win dealt with the TOTAL ban on firearms. After discussing it and reviewing it, it may not have such an impact on the Westchester matter as it does not deal with licensing per se. None the less, it is still a win for us. The licensing matter will be deceided in Illinois in Benson v. Chicago which is still waiting to be heard."

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Link to the release:

http://saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=365

"In discussing this with Gary, this win dealt with the TOTAL ban on firearms. After discussing it and reviewing it, it may not have such an impact on the Westchester matter as it does not deal with licensing per se. None the less, it is still a win for us. The licensing matter will be deceided in Illinois in Benson v. Chicago which is still waiting to be heard."

·
Banned
7,713 Posts
This is a fantastic news. Hopefully it will be used in the Westchester case. I can't wait for a Bloomberg's press conference and see a look on his face, when we are finally allowed our constitutional freedom.

·
Banned
7,713 Posts
This is a fantastic news. Hopefully it will be used in the Westchester case. I can't wait for a Bloomberg's press conference and see a look on his face, when we are finally allowed our constitutional freedom.

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gary Hungerford did point out one important thing though about this.
It does not address the entire licensing scheme it addresses the total ban on firearms for protection. None the less it is good news for us as gun owners. While it could have far reaching consequences in Westchester, without actually reading the entire suit and decision, I will withold commenting on that at this time.

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gary Hungerford did point out one important thing though about this.
It does not address the entire licensing scheme it addresses the total ban on firearms for protection. None the less it is good news for us as gun owners. While it could have far reaching consequences in Westchester, without actually reading the entire suit and decision, I will withold commenting on that at this time.

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am unable to modify my op as the time expired so I want to post a correction here to that post.
In discussing this with Gary, this win dealt with the TOTAL ban on firearms. After discussing it and reviewing it, it may not have such an impact on the Westchester matter as it does not deal with licensing per se. None the less, it is still a win for us. The licensing matter will be deceided in Illinois in Benson v. Chicago which is still waiting to be heard.

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am unable to modify my op as the time expired so I want to post a correction here to that post.
In discussing this with Gary, this win dealt with the TOTAL ban on firearms. After discussing it and reviewing it, it may not have such an impact on the Westchester matter as it does not deal with licensing per se. None the less, it is still a win for us. The licensing matter will be deceided in Illinois in Benson v. Chicago which is still waiting to be heard.

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
I would make the argument that the local Administrative restrictions act as a total ban on protection outside the home and thus are unconstitutional.  I believe this is what is going to be decided in Westchester.  

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
I would make the argument that the local Administrative restrictions act as a total ban on protection outside the home and thus are unconstitutional.  I believe this is what is going to be decided in Westchester.  

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
I hate all the liberal sinkholes, but some more than others!

HKFANBOY said:
Great news. I hate all liberal sinkholes equally.

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
I hate all the liberal sinkholes, but some more than others!

HKFANBOY said:
Great news. I hate all liberal sinkholes equally.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Notice how all SAF lawsuits end....
;)

Now you wonder why we as a group contribute to their cause..

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Notice how all SAF lawsuits end....
;)

Now you wonder why we as a group contribute to their cause..

1 - 20 of 48 Posts