Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
To say the educational systems in this country operate in a vacuum, would go a long way to explain the decisions they come up with.

Lack of air.......

·
AMF YOYO
3,602 Posts
What the hell is wrong with this country?

·
Banned
10,933 Posts
""What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?" Gutierrez asked. "Another way would be to say: 'Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?' Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.""

I cant believe people say things like this and actually think they're sane. Only someone that is mentally unstable would come up with such a concept. Eff off with your crap and let me enjoy my Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
The article didn't state if the peanut butter was crunchy or creamy, so I will withhold judgement until a clarification is made. I'm sure if I ask the school board, they will form a committee at taxpayers expense to discuss it. Stay tuned...

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
I guess it's because of the "white " bread......but pumpernickel is OK ?

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
"What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?" Gutierrez asked. "Another way would be to say: 'Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?' Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.""

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20733-peanut-butter-to-the-rescue-in-somalia-famine.html

Peanut butter to the rescue in Somalia famine?
The Plumpy'Nut is coming. But will it arrive in time to save 3.5 million people who the Somali foreign minister says may starve to death?
Today the UN World Food Programme has airlifted 14 tonnes of the highly enriched "therapeutic" peanut butter to Mogadishu, the Somali capital, for immediate distribution to the 40,000 refugees who have gathered there to escape the triple crisis of drought-aggravated famine, war and escalating food prices.
Since it was recommended by the World Health Organization in 2007 as the emergency food of choice for malnourished infants, Plumpy'Nut, manufactured by French company Nutriset, has become a staple of international famine relief. Children can eat it straight from the packet instead of having to be fed intravenously. Based on peanut butter, it contains sugar, vegetable fat, and skimmed milk powder enriched with vitamins and minerals.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I just skimmed the article. Is this Portland, Maine or Portland, Oregan?

Sorry for the stupid question if it's in the article.

·
INFIDEL
7,262 Posts
The Samali's have seen would be happy as hell to get a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Or a handfull of rice or anything they could eat to stay alive.......The cancer of Kalifornia is spreading to Portland I guess, Didn't they legalize marajuana like Washington state did? You just cant make this shite up........

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,785 Posts
Actually, when I was in Africa I had "ground nut stew" which was ground up peanuts with chicken... Spicy.... All on a bed of rice. Peanuts is a main staple there and yes they eat peanut butter.

My point is that every area has the foods they eat. When in Rome you eat Italian, nothing racist about it.

The "teacher" who came up with this is an idget.

Reactions: ChiefSailer

·
AMF YOYO
3,602 Posts
The "teacher" who came up with this is an idget.
Not a teacher, an ADMINISTRATOR, as in "not resposible for actually teaching anything".

Most teachers are too busy actually doing their jobs to come up with this kind of garbage.

But, yeah, a certified window-licking, short-bus-riding, lap-drooler...

·
Walker1847
12,106 Posts
What's next......Filet 'o Fish?

Reactions: Myrcinus

·
AMF YOYO
3,602 Posts

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,001 Posts
Ah, what the heck, we had a good ride. Goodnight US of A.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts