Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
i was reading through the stop question and frisk thread and saw many responses on both sides of the issue and i got and idea for a new thread.

I would like to post some police situations that really happened over my 20 year career to see how you would of handled the situation and what you think should of been done or if the way it was handled was right/wrong/indifferent. what do you guys think. i know how i handled them want to see how the non law enforcement would think they would handle the situation..one more thing though, the situation was happening real time to me and my partner in real life situations so one thing that cant be replicated it situational stress and adrenaline...what do you guys think. it will be in a format that i give you the situation and then say what would you do? after some responses i will give you what we did and how it turned out.

·
Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilati
8,064 Posts
As I stated in your duplicate thread, you being here to talk about them means they were handled appropriately.

Reactions: General.rr

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
Knowing as many retired and almost retired LEO's as I do, I highly recommend saving these stories and experiences for friends and family. Here you may well receive unwanted and IMHO unwarranted criticism.

However,.............

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Knowing as many retired and almost retired LEO's as I do, I highly recommend saving these stories and experiences for friends and family. Here you may well receive unwanted and IMHO unwarranted criticism.

However,.............
i agree with you on everything you said. so i will throw out a scenario and if its true or not is up to you to decide..i will give it a shot and see how it goes also i will give input on some of the answers

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
you and you partner work in one of the largest cities in america you are assigned to an area of the city which is considered low income high crime, one of the highest crime areas of this large metropolis.
you officer smith and your partner officer jackson are assigned to a patrol that car cover sectors a/b/c also known as sector adam,boy, charlie. you and your partner are patrolling your part of your sector when a male frantically flags you down from the street corner you open your window and he screams "that man in that car right there just pointed a gun at me" pointing to a tan toyota sedan you and your partner see the tan car starting to leave where you pull back into traffic throw on your lights and siren and start a semi slow speed pursuit of vehicle, about 35 to 40 mph through crowded city streets the car doesnt run red lights but is cutting in and out of traffic and its getting a bit hairy after about 3-4 minutes of this you decide to stop pursuit because of danger to public.
you and your partner never got on his bumper but were 5-6 car lenghts back trying to catch up but getting caught in traffic you never got a chance to get close, but you did get a partial plate a quick look at the driver and saw that the left rear brake light lens was broken. pursuit now over you head back to find complainant who is now gone..you never put over a radio run of a pursuit nor does anyone know what happened there is no record of it anywhere. 4 days later you spot the car at red light same broken tail lens same plate male driver which resembles the previous driver from 4 days earlier...WHAT DO YOU DO?

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
lol. there are no giraffes in this part of your sector, they gave that part which is the nicer part to the 2 cops who make no arrests but write a sh*tload of summonses you two knuckleheads are being punished for not writing enough movers, so no giraffes for you just real bad dudes and guns..NOW, WHAT DO YOU DO?

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
you have to radio this in, attempt to stop the vehicle and take the driver into custody. I am not familiar with police proceedures, but this is what my gut tells me.
WHAT DO YOU RADIO IN? THE CAR AND DRIVER HAVE NOT BROKEN ANY laws at this moment, nor 4 days earlier does central or the police dept. know anything so right now its just you and your partner and the knowledge of what happened 4 days before..only law that you know that car broke was driving recklessly. you have no complainant never saw a gun just a street hail of a man with a gun from a unknown complainant 4 days earlier..ahh the joys of police work..how to find out if there is a gun in that car or on that person..WHAT DO YOU DO? think like a cop. not a civilian, you job is to protect life and liberty and you and your partner know guns off the street save lives..is there even a gun..one other thing..you are patroling as cops in 1986 your mayor is ed koch the bklyn ditrict attorney is elizabeth holtzman and al sharpton hasnt met tawana brawley yet i think that was in 1987 OR 1988...but al sharpton and his minions are still known to be rebel rousers at this point...WHAT DO YOU DO?

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
Pull him over for the tail light and ask him to get out of the vehicle so you can show him the broken tail light. Once out of the car frisk him because you see a bulge where there shouldn't be and feel that he seems overly nervous. Of course your partner has his eyes in strong focus on the guys hands and his hand on his gun with the thumb snap already off.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Pull him over for the broken tail light lens and go from there
correct now you pull over car for taillight explain to driver why you pulled him over driver is nervous sweating. you ask for license regi insuranc,e hands you everything but insurance card you ask driver any drugs or guns in the car he say's drugs or guns no way holmes not my thang..you notice no gun you ask driver to step out of car, NOW WHAT DO YOU OR YOUR PARTNER DO? BY THE WAY YOU SEE NO BULGE ANYWHERE ON DRIVER, YOU SAY MAN YOU SURE YOU AINT GOT A GUN on you i could of swore i chased this car 4 days ago with someone who looks like you driving after some dude on the corner flagged me down and said you or the person driving the car that day had a gun..he say maaaan. look lifting his shirt turning around in a full circle i gots no gun on me man...now what do you do. meanwhile partner is looking intently through passenger window into car. you and driver are standing right up against the car behind the open drivers side door.

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
Continue with conversation with him and play into his nervousness. Ask him why he seems so nervous he will most likely give you probable cause

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.