Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Police: Man who shot burglar charged with voluntary manslaughter

http://fox8.com/2015...y-manslaughter/

AKRON, Ohio - Police have charged an Akron man with voluntary manslaughterafter he allegedly shot and killed a home invasion suspect earlier this month.

According to a release from Akron police, David Hillis, 21, of Hilbish Avenue, was arraigned Monday morning in Akron Municipal Court and then booked into Summit County Jail.

He's accused of shooting and killing burglary suspect Marcus Glover, 25, of Akron, on Aug. 7.

A second burglary suspect, who police say was with Glover, has also been arrested.

Terry Tart, 37, of Akron, faces charges of aggravated burglary and murder.

Police say Glover and Tart forced their way into Hillis' home and threatened Hillis at gunpoint.

Hillis then pulled a gun, and fired shots as Glover and Tart were running away, police say. Glover was killed.

Police say Glover's death was "a proximate cause of Terry Tart and Glover committing the aggravated burglary together.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Never shooting at someone who is running away.
F em.
It's amazing that you can be in your own home, someone kicks in the door and you have to consider their rights and in a life and death situation, YOU"RE life and death, adrenaline is pumping, fear is overwhelming and if they turn and run as you're defending yourself you're the bad guy. As if you can freeze the action and consider what's happening.

BTW, when is it burglary when they force their way in?

·
Powderfinger
2,473 Posts
21 years old, afraid for his life . How does he know they won't return to kill him because now he's a witness. He should get a slap on the wrist and fu Glover. Obama's released a lot worse.

Reactions: iGreg

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
So he fired shots at the armed men while they were still in his home, or did he chase them out of the home and shoot them in the street?

·
III%
2,777 Posts
ALWAYS roll them over and put a couple rounds in the FRONT side. Then fire a few "warning" shots into your own ceiling...
I was with you up to "warning shots"
But I mostly quoted you because I like your signature line

·
Right-wing Sith
6,697 Posts
Never shooting at someone who is running away.
If that is the law, then it is a stupid law passed by stupid people in Albany &/or Washington DC.

Why do dangerous thugs have the right to run away from their victims in safety?

Let's give the victim in this case a marksmanship medal.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
With the rampant reverse racism in this media cesspool of a country I'm surprised they're not charging the homeowner with a hate crime on top of everything else. Imagine the nerve of him shooting someone who was just trying to rob him at gunpoint in his own home, the nerve! If that ain't "white privilege" I don't know what is. I can hear the al sharpton-esque defense attorney now..."If the homeowner didn't want them breaking and entering, he shouldn't have locked the front door!"

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
They guys accomplice is charged with murder , the victim of the break in is charged with voluntary manslaughter?That is one jury I would want to serve on no way the victim gets jail time it is a kick in the testicles he is even charged with anything

·
Lousy Shot
16,177 Posts

Police say Glover's death was "a proximate cause of Terry Tart and Glover committing the aggravated burglary together.
It's a proximate cause because you say it it is? Sounds more like cause-in-fact, to me. The two scumbags had no $#!++in' business in the guy's house and if they hadn't [LANGUAGE FILTER]ed with his poop, one of them wouldn't be dead.

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
He shot the guy outside the burglary home? All I read was that the guy died 2 houses away. Did I miss something?
Inside or out you'd be surprised how far one can run while bleeding out.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
........................... Then fire a few "warning" shots into your own ceiling...
Here in NY, you'd be charged with wreckless endangerment. Plus, we're only allowed 7. Can't be wasting any on warning shots.

Reactions: Diesel1
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.