Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kid wanted a historic rifle (already have Mosins), and had finally saved enough money for one. I stopped by the shop once last week, and then again today to pick out a rifle.
The changes in the store are surprising! They have new lighting, the floor is uncluttered, and the place looks cleaner. Marty was pleasant as well. He knows his guns, and explained to my son things about the rifles he was looking at. It was a tossup between a Mauser and a K31, he went with a Mauser. The selection isn't huge, and the prices aren't the lowest, but I like fondling a milsurp before buying and don't mind paying a bit more instead of buying a "cat in a bag". We picked a Czech rifle with a good bore, and good wood. They gave us a gun sock too. Got it home, stripped it and cleaned the heck out of it.
All in all it was a pleasant experience.
Marty really needs to lose some weight, not good for a guy his age to be that big...

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
although I really miss Hank there, my wife and I both were always treated well by Marty.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Thats the good thing  T& T their selection. Which did shrink a bit since the whole ordeal.  Last time I was there     Marty seamed to be in better spirits and was very  helpful

·
Registered
952 Posts
Sure, Marty was real helpful last time I was there..... He was going to give me a real good deal on a "Preban" HK 94 Beta mag...... Too bad when I called Beta with the serial number, they told me they never made a "Preban" mag for a HK 94.

I spent a lot of money in that store, I don't need to spend a lot of money for a lawyer because he tried BS'ing me or is just plain stupid. I will not go back.

·
Banned
594 Posts
Bender said:
Sure, Marty was real helpful last time I was there..... He was going to give me a real good deal on a "Preban" HK 94 Beta mag...... Too bad when I called Beta with the serial number, they told me they never made a "Preban" mag for a HK 94.

I spent a lot of money in that store, I don't need to spend a lot of money for a lawyer because he tried BS'ing me or is just plain stupid. I will not go back.
Marty is probably the best salesman in the business. Lucky you didn't buy it.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Real lucky, If I got caught with that I would have been in a world of sh!t with my job.

I saw the Beta in the cabinet at the end of the counter (where Hank used to hang out). Marty asked me if I was interested, said it was preban, etc. He swore he bought it off a guy that only had preban stuff.

I told him I would buy it if he would give me Beta's phone # and I would call to check the serial #. Beta will verify Preban serial numbers over the phone. I didn't even get to say the serial number and beta told me they never made one.

I understand that mistakes happen, but that type of mistake will really screw the customer and is totally un-acceptable

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
Bender said:
Real lucky, If I got caught with that I would have been in a world of sh!t with my job.

I saw the Beta in the cabinet at the end of the counter (where Hank used to hang out). Marty asked me if I was interested, said it was preban, etc. He swore he bought it off a guy that only had preban stuff.

I told him I would buy it if he would give me Beta's phone # and I would call to check the serial #. Beta will verify Preban serial numbers over the phone. I didn't even get to say the serial number and beta told me they never made one.

I understand that mistakes happen, but that type of mistake will really screw the customer and is totally un-acceptable
From what I read recently on here, as a FFL he's completely exempt from any laws regarding selling preban mags too, so the only one in a world of "sh!t" would be YOU.

There are some really "great salesmen" in the world I would not buy anything from, be it a used car, aluminum siding, or a Beta mag.

"Caveat Emptor" and all, but if I got hung out to dry like that the guy who did it to me would not be a happy camper by ther time I was done with him.

Glad you caught it, that should not happen to anybody.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.