Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
No, no gas. Had to watch it like three times.
Looked like just four tires.
Also, there was 20 guys on the car.
The first one they had four, what really matters is the equipment.
Much better and faster.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
No fuel in F1 for the last few years. Should be some good F1 racing this weekend, they are at Spa Francorchamps, Belgium, a classic track. Practice already completed this AM, Qualifying tomorrow, with the race on Sunday AM(our time)---- No spoilers please! I'm DVRing it

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Refueling in Formula 1 was stopped a few years ago for safety reasons. The cars now carry fuel for the whole race. The pit stops just change tires. I think the fastest pit stop is 2.1 seconds, typically what you saw.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
one of my friends has a shot of his dad during a pit stop at lemans in the 70's....no fire suits, no helmets......fueling a porsche 935 with gas cans....laying across the hood and getting covered with run off fuel.

kind of crazy how far they have come.

also never forget that romain grosjean overran his pits and probably caused all sorts of internal bleeding for the front jack man.....who had the presence of mind to just put all of his weight on the thing to get the car off the ground while he was waiting for medical assitance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.