Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could give me information on any safety courses for first time pistol owners. My girl is about to get her permit from Nassau County and I can't believe they don't mandate a course. I have experience and training with pistols and can teach and show her. However, she's the kind of person who would I think listen more closely and be better suited for a structured class or course. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Post or PM me

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could give me information on any safety courses for first time pistol owners. My girl is about to get her permit from Nassau County and I can't believe they don't mandate a course. I have experience and training with pistols and can teach and show her. However, she's the kind of person who would I think listen more closely and be better suited for a structured class or course. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Post or PM me
A mandated course?
It's not mentioned in the Constitution.

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
Also, keep your eye out for the NRA Basic Pistol course offered through LIF facilitated by Chris (Foosel)... Chris is an excellent instructor!

Here is the link to the "Official LIF Courses" section of the forum: http://www.longislan...al-lif-courses/

The course is usually offered every couple of months and held at the Brookhaven range...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.