Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have been reading the boards for a long time but never joined. I want to get my pistol permit and currently live in the Village of Lynbrook. Do I still go to a Nassau County Police for my pistol permit stuff or do I go to Lynbrook Village police?

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Hi everyone. I have been reading the boards for a long time but never joined. I want to get my pistol permit and currently live in the Village of Lynbrook. Do I still go to a Nassau County Police for my pistol permit stuff or do I go to Lynbrook Village police?
If you have been reading the board for a long time, you should know that there is a prominent poster and member here with a screen name almost identical to yours.

If your question is a serious one, the answer is NCPD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the fix. I have a few more questions.

The application says that if I ever received a traffic ticket I need my DMV records. Does the cop get the records or do I have to get the records? Does it cost anything?

The application says if I ever received a court appearance ticket I need the court documents. When I was 12 I got a open container summons. The judge dimissed the charges. Will the cop get the court papers for the summons or do I have to get them?

Why are they even needed if the charges were dismissed? This has to be unconstitutional. I shouldn't have my pistol permit denied for doing no wrong. If I wasn't found guilty in the court of law the summons shouldn't matter.

I am a college student which works part time. I am sure if I wanted to I would qualify for food stamps and section 8 housing. Can I get the fees waved. If not isn't the fees just like a poll tax?

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
The application states have you ever, in the last five years, received a traffic ticket. If you got a moving violation within the last five years you need to get a copy of your DMV abstract. This is easy to do and can even be done online through the DMV website. As far as the court appearance ticket when you were 12, list it on your application for sure. You can contact the court and see if they have any record of the incident. This should not be an issue. This is an honesty/integrity test as much as any thing else. The fees are the fees, period. Almost $300 by the time you are done with prints (about $92, I think) and the application ($200 every 5 yrs). Only $10 in Suffolk (plus prints). Welcome to the party.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
DMV abstracts go by calander year for the past 3+ full years. So if you got an abstract today it would start with January 1st, 2012. That includes all of 2012 2013 2014 and whatever happened in 2015.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Thanks for the fix. I have a few more questions.

The application says that if I ever received a traffic ticket I need my DMV records. Does the cop get the records or do I have to get the records? Does it cost anything?

The application says if I ever received a court appearance ticket I need the court documents. When I was 12 I got a open container summons. The judge dimissed the charges. Will the cop get the court papers for the summons or do I have to get them?

Why are they even needed if the charges were dismissed? This has to be unconstitutional. I shouldn't have my pistol permit denied for doing no wrong. If I wasn't found guilty in the court of law the summons shouldn't matter.

I am a college student which works part time. I am sure if I wanted to I would qualify for food stamps and section 8 housing. Can I get the fees waved. If not isn't the fees just like a poll tax?
Oh you lucky guy.
Congratulations. You're in for an education in tyranny and how little the Constitution means in a liberal sinkhole.
I give you the run down, Section 8 housing, Welfare, EBT cards, medicaid etc are all good as far as the left is concerned.
Guns, especially handguns and sportirized rifle are bad. Therefore if you want a gun, you are bad and obstacles must be put in your way to dissuade you from getting one.
Pay your fees, jump through hoops, wait a long time and maybe the government will give it to you.
You need their permission to exercise your Right.

PS If you've been around here for a while I'm surprised you haven't seen some of these discussions.

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
Hmmmmmm.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.