Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
For those contemplating getting your pistol license, now is the time to do it.

Dropped off my application September 2nd, fingerprint date was September 16 (would have been the 9th but I was busy that day)

Got a call from my investigator today, I have to submit 2 documents. As i submitted one (still can't find one) he told me that everything was done, he started it on the 17th of September and all he needed was that one document to submit it to his supervisor and everything should be DONE!

So go ahead, submit those apps!

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
ok so i submitted my paperwork in January 2015, got fingerprinted in June, and was told i would hear by December if i got it.

So what makes you so special?
Not sure, even my wife hasn't told me I was special. Anyways, theres been a trend going on about them not calling or leaving messages on phones about your application being done. You should go and call them and get an update. They are passed the 6 month deadline, I am sure someone here can help with that.

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
Not sure, even my wife hasn't told me I was special. Anyways, theres been a trend going on about them not calling or leaving messages on phones about your application being done. You should go and call them and get an update. They are passed the 6 month deadline, I am sure someone here can help with that.
might be worth a call. do not want to annoy anyone either though

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
might be worth a call. do not want to annoy anyone either though
They are actually very very nice over there. From the drop off to the investigator, they have been nothing but polite. Just call and ask if there has been an update and that you submitted it over 7 months ago.

Come on! How bad do you want your license? Maybe we can go shopping together IF we get it at the same time! Keep me updated! Hopefully it'll be good news though!

·
Registered
110 Posts
While at Mitchell Field the other day, I also heard of someone else that got there pistol permit in 5 weeks (Nassau).

So they are processing the new apps before finalizing the older ones?

I guess I will call or stop by there tomorrow. Just don't want to be shuffled to the bottom again.

Jeff

Reactions: gopedxr7

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,875 Posts
I have met a few people who have gotten it in less than 5 months total time recently, some as short as 2.5 months. That is from day of drop off. They have been working very hard over there trying to speed up the process.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok so i submitted my paperwork in January 2015, got fingerprinted in June, and was told i would hear by December if i got it.

So what makes you so special?
Did you ever call in and find out a status? I think i Jinxed my self cause they still havent called me back yet about my approval. I probably just got spoiled with how quick they were going with my application.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For those contemplating getting your pistol license, now is the time to do it.

Dropped off my application September 2nd, fingerprint date was September 16 (would have been the 9th but I was busy that day)

Got a call from my investigator today, I have to submit 2 documents. As i submitted one (still can't find one) he told me that everything was done, he started it on the 17th of September and all he needed was that one document to submit it to his supervisor and everything should be DONE!

So go ahead, submit those apps!
I submitted my app in May and had my fingerprinting 8/17.. Who was your investigator?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.